• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rc-monster.com

yoodoo

Well I feel totally ripped off! I bought some hinge pins from rc-monster.com and they were $9.00.So i thought ,yep,I'll have a set of those.

I put them in the cart and then went to checkout. When I aw that the postage was $7.95 I thought,ok,not bad.Then I signed into paypal and pressed confirm...then when I checked my paypal account a whopping $24.84 was charged!!!! :sly:  :sly:   I immediately wrote to Monster RC  to cancel it as I had just received confirmation email saying that my order had gone through  as I didn't want to pay this price for a couple of pins and got no reply.Oh,before you think,I did check it was $7.95 not $24.84.

Today I have just had my shipping confirmation for something I don't :censored: want!! I then tried to go to their website and get in touch there but the admin has disabled registration which is convenient.

Is there a way if I paid through Paypal to get my money back?

Oh,and it only costs $25.00 to ship a billet Emaxx chassis!!!!!! and they are not light.

DetailsNameUnit PriceQuantityTotalflm14500Maxx Hinge pins - Fastlane Bulks$12.001$12.00maxx hinge pins FLM: - 14600 - upper pins for RPM arms$-3.00 $-3.00 Sub Total:$9.00 Shipping:$24.84 Grand Total:$33.84 

:angrymad:  :angrymad:  :angrymad:
Edited by yoodoo

Voo / Yoo that defo is a ripoff!!

You could contact Paypal, they are pro-active, but will probably recommend you contact 'the seller / supplier' ...

Best try and contact them and explain what the **** happened!!

(That was a Father Ted word I use, recognised as something else ...!!)

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Yes Al,I don't mind paying for something I want but not to be ripped off!! :angrymad:  :angrymad:  :angrymad: Anyway....guess what I was driving on the weekend...clue...begins with L...F  and A M. another clue are the colours...yellow,red and green :whistling:  :thumbsup:

I take that back.....just received this...

When you input the international address, the cost of shipping changed from an assumed domestic location to the actual shipping cost for your actual location. The $22 is the low end of trackable shipping for international locations with a reasonable delivery time expectation. I do apologize if this caused confusion. We will cancel the order and the shipping label and refund your transaction. Let me know if we can be of any assistance in the future. 

Mike

RC-Monster

www.rc-monster.com

Thanks RC Monster   :thumbsup: 

His shipping is high because he got fed up with being ripped off, basically people saying their stuff hasn't arrived. So now all transactions, large and small, are tracked, he's just protecting himself. I've only had high value stuff from him, so didn't even blink when the postage cost was revealed.

His shipping is high because he got fed up with being ripped off, basically people saying their stuff hasn't arrived. So now all transactions, large and small, are tracked, he's just protecting himself. I've only had high value stuff from him, so didn't even blink when the postage cost was revealed.

Yes,but Shipping:$24.84 !! They weigh nothing and there are only eight of them.I have had a full FLM chassis shipped and tracked for less.

Let's look at the original post ...

$9.00 for the hinge pins.

$7.95 for the original P&P - that expensive within USA cf other suppliers.

Then it warped up to $24.84 P&P for international.

Class 1 ripoff.

Shouldn't consider using postage like that for anything less than perhaps $30-40 value.

Six quids worth of steel pins .... nah.

I'd tell them to do one!

I'm with Yoo.

Al.

Let's look at the original post ...

$9.00 for the hinge pins.

$7.95 for the original P&P - that expensive within USA cf other suppliers.

Then it warped up to $24.84 P&P for international.

Class 1 ripoff.

Shouldn't consider using postage like that for anything less than perhaps $30-40 value.

Six quids worth of steel pins .... nah.

I'd tell them to do one!

I'm with Yoo.

Al.

this is getting dangerously close to arguing on the internet... which as we all know is a bit special.

Is it expensive shipping? yes,

Like this?

It's a 2WD petrol MT!

I've alloys with MCD tyres on for 'normal use'.

The original FG tyres I fitted with studs - which is why its got the front up on near pack ice!!

Long may people enjoy MT's!!

Al.

Like this?

Al.

ha ha.

yes right on cue. like that.

FG monster is one of the trucks I covet at some point. yes I know others go faster, or jump higher, or actually go round corners... but nothing looks quite like one. Like a proper monster

• Like 1

Very nice. Very clean though?! Mine get treated a bit more like farm equipment... Hose down essential bits and replace plastic or bearings at failure.

Still have it or gone?