• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

Little things are starting to come to light now with this clone, bent hinge pins, broken arms, nothing major i suppose but still normal km quality and same with the body shells, at 96 quid for a replacement body it should not be shattering that easy, i had the beetle body on my km baja a couple of years ago, it littraly lasted 5 mins, one roll over and it was a convertable with no roof lol, thats not good on a shell that costs 96 quid, thats a rip off imo.

When i had my 5ive i bashed it very very hard, akward landings, roll overs etc etc and nothing ever broke, NOTHING :) not even bent.

So as i said pages back in this thread, i can accept that on a

Edited by the watchman

there are plenty of 5ives knocking about with smashed shells, the cage is still ok so you can panel it out like a lot of genuine 5ive owners do!

also the figures need looking at again the x2 comes with tx/rx and a tuned pipe

as good as the 5ive is it needs the tx/rx and pipe out of the box so its still the same deal as a baja its 1/2 price

there have been no bad reports of the servos so far so thats a good thing as the the five needs a steering servo change as a minimum.

km are not the only company who make weak shells, ive got a hpi 5sc flux ive not started bashing yet (crap weather) but due to trusted reviews on this forum ive got myself a "spare" so it dosnt look ugly when its on the shelf with rest of my girls

so far with the bits of information we have imo its panning out like the km baja, its not perfect but you do get a new truck that is value for money.

• Like 2

There is that sean-vrs but i bet you a pound to a penny that those losi shells lasted alot longer than a x2 body, the bodies are expensive and thats why some people pannel them instead, the losi has been out a few years now, you should not have to replace it after one bash session.

On the super 5 flux bodies, i pressume you mean the gray one ?? These are painted on the outside so yes after a few bad tumbles they look dreadfull, but they dont shatter into tiny pieces after a roll over like km bodies do, i had a 5sc flux and the body was fine after many roll overs etc.

• Like 1

The pipe that the x2 is going to be crap let's face it we are going to replace it for a sambo or bart etc.

lets face it why would you say that?

i run a clone pipe on my km baja, fg monster, fs truggy and they are all great on the five i run the losi and some say thats a clone of the bart thats also great (nasty loud though)

• Like 1

so far all problems have been from failure to check over the models. for a start they come with radio a 30.5cc 4 bolt engine and pipe and from what ive seen they are pretty quick and there has been no servo issues. steering might be slower than say a super dooper savoz but they seem more than capable. steering servo is rated at 45kg .ive seen them running and i am very impressed. most losi bits fit and there is one in the group who has fitted some of the aftermarket parts for the losi to his.

• Like 1

As i've said earlier in this thread, i will be getting one and i will be doibg a complete strip and rebuild of the entire machine (bar the engine) and will be doing a detailed build thread with photos of everything i go through as i do it.

After hearing about the shell's being on the fragile side i'll also be removing the body from the cage and shoe gooing and drywall taping the insides, as well as making my own cage panels out if lexan to keep out the crud too before it's even run :)

• Like 1

im not an owner of one. im passing on what ive seen go wrong with them and had the opinions of the owners. we had a bash not so long ago.  a national lsor racer stefan howe was there with his losi 5ive and he was very impressed with the x 2 for the money. he also said id like to see one race to see how they hold up.he seemed to be of the opinon that with a better steering servo legal engine and pipe that it would hold up quite well.

• Like 3

They are starting to sound like ther not the bargain we expected but more like the 001 days. Mayb in 2yrs a km x2.2 lol.

I just noticed the votes are going down too it was 5 stars now only 3.

Edited by RCbutcher

There's not a lot of owners who have put a review on considering how many X2 are out there. And as for bargain/price that will clear itself up when we look at how much is spent on repairing as at the moment there are not many saying we have had to fix this /that or the other most talk only about upgrading and this is something that you do even if it is a losi

Bad news always travels faster than good, no matter what it concerns.

We heard loads of negative things about a few of the 1/8 petrol trucks but no good stuff.

I guarantee that there are some very happy customers out there with this truck, many of them probably don't use forums.

• Like 1

There's not a lot of owners who have put a review on considering how many X2 are out there. And as for bargain/price that will clear itself up when we look at how much is spent on repairing as at the moment there are not many saying we have had to fix this /that or the other most talk only about upgrading and this is something that you do even if it is a losi

How many have rcmodelz sold so far then?

So tempted :( i have the money sat in my bank account right now and have enough to buy one of these and a phantom vision 2+ :) but i want a phantom and a bulldog pup 

ARRRGGHHHH! i want too many things :(

• Like 1

So tempted :( i have the money sat in my bank account right now and have enough to buy one of these and a phantom vision 2+ :) but i want a phantom and a bulldog pup 

ARRRGGHHHH! i want too many things :(

Out of those get the puppy. get me one as well please  :thumbsup:

Im going to be on the look out for another 5th scale ummm! im just wondering to save a bit more money and buy one of these instead of the baja after reading this topic, do you guys think this is better than the baja? A lot better planted from what you see of the 4 wheelers but I do like the rear wheel drives great fun.

Im going to be on the look out for another 5th scale ummm! im just wondering to save a bit more money and buy one of these instead of the baja after reading this topic, do you guys think this is better than the baja? A lot better planted from what you see of the 4 wheelers but I do like the rear wheel drives great fun.

When I had a Losi 5ive I got bored quite quickly compared to the Baja, if you have a read around the forums you will see a lot of people who bash in parks/flat areas (I think you do?) they get bored very fast and prefer rear wheel drive, of course if you plan to race then x2 will be best.