• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

They don't drive themselves, you have to drive um, lol,

There not auto pilot 4x4 s you no! Lol! ;)

Ha ha ha ha ha, If i wanted something that was slow round the track id buy a space hopper .

Its all about the lap times  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Absolutely agree for those who only race then handling is a far far more important issue than power.

I remember Steve Jones telling me when him, Tony and Dougie went to one of their first race meetings with several hundred quids worth of engine each in hopped up Bajas and got left for dead by 3 Dutch guys with completely bog standard Bajas but set up right lol.

Absolutely agree for those who only race then handling is a far far more important issue than power.

I remember Steve Jones telling me when him, Tony and Dougie went to one of their first race meetings with several hundred quids worth of engine each in hopped up Bajas and got left for dead by 3 Dutch guys with completely bog standard Bajas but set up right lol.

That was the first challenge cup indoor meeting. Remember it well lol . Steve as come on a treat and at the last national was the best ive ever seen him drive with his new Imp4ct. One to look out for at the top of the leader board.

This racing sound freeking awesome man, iv got to come and have a go, im gunner try to get to the nook, its about 7 days away isn't it? Love to go, ;)

The difference I seen in my baja yesterday was unreal, when I turned it in it turned in, loads better than iv ever had it, and im very happy with it atm! ;)

Yep... I just fitted it as well, a KM one... Guess it just didn't like the power.

Other sides from though which has had a good 50 tanks of abuse with various engines and that's a stock KM one which came with the buggy.

I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade set up.

You no these dog bones that come with my 002c will there very good, not much wear, but i bet if i ordered some more they'll be different to the original km ones, and its the same with the fan covers, you have to file the location pins off to fit to the km bottom end? Wtf! But the original one from the factory had location pins?

I think the replacement parts arnt the original km parts, there different so can't be. ;)

Have you seen them phat dad's on ebay? 95

Indeed, it's the two new ones that have snapped under next to no pressure lol.

I'm probably going to order some Darksoul V2 Meaty ones soon, replaceable pins are a big bonus and my cups are perfectly fine so don't need to buy the whole lot.

Plus if I was spending that much I'd spend an extra few quid on Uber ball drives lol.

But I don't want to, I'm actually trying to save up at the moment, but knackered a shock on the HPI today as well, that was only running for a little bit until a spur let go due to a knackered bearing, it just wasn't my day today!

Iv not run either but the dark soul look good, 5mm pins you want, them dark soul have put a flat on the dog bone pins for a better contact point, instead of the contact on a round pin would, :) and the dark soul you're right you can run your own cups not sure on stock cups though, I think km do to different cup sizes, don't quot me on that though, I just though the ones in mine are an upgrade? Dont no, but i do no the 9mm hpi hd will go straight in my cups, and there removable pins too,

Im just gunner keep pounding these km dog bones, there like new still, only a bit of wear, and iv given it some right hammer, and this reeds had a little go on them,

But im gunner go with the phat dad's for sure, iv seen um and I like um very much, there the sort of thing I like, loads of go in them, and I just like the idea of what they've done, its most definitely been thought about, wish I could afford them on ebay,

• 2 weeks later...

Had this out today for my uncles birthday bash, had a good day until yet another dog bone snapped... So I've binned it, not even sending them back because I don't want a replacement and I don't have both so I can't make a PayPal claim... I think I'm just going to avoid buying cheap stuff, should stick to my rule of 'buy cheap, buy twice' and get some Darksoul ones when I get paid.

Also considering parting out my HPI because my rear chassis is knackered on this, very deeply scratched in places and missing a small chunk it's also bent to hell :lol:

My throttle servos died today too and the killswitch didn't kill the engine when I pressed the button, thankfully it did eventually kick in due to loss of signal, but it was a close call.

So, I won't be running for a while :(

Switchblade... I think somehow I've had a loss of signal and my throttle servo failed at the same time... It might well point to the receiver being the problem.

The killswitch did kill the engine pretty quickly, but obviously with the loss of signal it wouldn't do it on the button for me.

Either way this one will be off the road for a little while and I may very well flog the other to fund some bits for this one and also something else I've got my eye on.

• 3 months later...

Finally got the old girl fixed and sorted, she's only been off the road for about 2 1/2 months.
Longest I've ever lost the 'spark' but hopefully going out Sunday to give here death!
Long live 2 stroke power!
Also as a note to my post about throttle servo going, I've changed it, but I also think the battery is on the way out too.
But I'll find on Sunday if she wanders off into a wall I suppose... Oh and this now stands as the longest I've owned a Baja for, over a year now, quite something for me!

20151106_162945_zps6kylunsm.jpg

• Like 2

Not hiding anywhere bud, I don't like this new Forum at all, so I don't come on it much now, maybe once a month to check messages, but thought I'd update my thread lol.

I've also not done much RC related lately either, just been in a slump, fingers crossed the weather is on my side for Sunday :)

• Like 1