• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

About the only thing iv agreed with that you've ever said thunderstorm! But I agree with that, it's all about suspension set up as iv said many times before,

Mine are great now iv found the right oil. ;)

Edited by flatout!

Iv got 8mm shafts in the stock shock body's and there 2 hole pistons but the holes are big, and im running 57w basically 60w and there good, very good better than iv ever had them, and there never going to snap, not in a million years there not, and you can use the stock parts on them, seals and a few other bits, and there cheap,

they look wicked on, chunky as they are, ;)

Edited by flatout!

I've no plans to move to 8mm as I've always found 6mm more than plenty, but I know I do definitely need to rebuild these KM ones, it jumps like crap lol.

Although weirdly it seems to jump better with this N-R-P wing on, unsure if that's placebo effect or if it's making a real difference.

You do now, did you say you bought a baja with them on and you didn't have them on any other baja? I'd love some but now iv got these 8mm in there like a bit of scaffold tube in there lol, there not going to brake, not easily anyway,

About the only thing iv agreed with that you've ever said thunderstorm! But I agree with that, it's all about suspension set up as iv said many times before,

Mine are great now iv found the right oil. ;)

i'll ignore the insulting tone but the baja is one of the few models that wears out and breaks differently depending on who is using it and what upgrades they use

i found the suspension arms, steering servo, and the gear box are good examples.

• Like 1

And again I agree. ;) iv done all that aswell, it was one of the first things that started to let me down, hubs and gearboxes, and now iv got the reed in its going to find some more weak spots, :D

Iv had a t/b servo go on me, and iv stripped the main gears in my steering servo, i swapped an old gear out of an old steering servo and it was good to go again, same steering servo all this time, I think im ready for one though, got one in my sights ;)

I've thought about that but Ian was a bit too insistant on me paying for a new head, piston and ring lol, I explained the engine had only had about 3 tanks through it but he wasn't really wanting to do it just with the porting.... So it did actually put me off a bit.

And again I agree. ;) iv done all that aswell, it was one of the first things that started to let me down, hubs and gearboxes, and now iv got the reed in its going to find some more weak spots, :D

yea that'll happen, had an issue with the drive cups in both the diff and hub but the dog bones have held so far

gearbox case only got replaced because the engine i had at the time literally exploded, put a nice dent in it thanks to a bent screw.

hubs i've not had a problem with but that most likely because i only run them for about have a tank at a time, i get bored after that usually.

the steering servo did break at one point, but i upgraded it with the metal gears and its been fine since, though its been awhile since the last time i cleaned it out. i think all the servos on the hpi bajas now come with the metal gears but i'm not too sure.

as for the suspension arms, i'm still using the ones that came with the car when i got it out the box, bit sloppy on the front end (not that new ones are any better mind) but it is the one part i'm surprised hasn't broken yet.

Iv broken all the fronts and bent a chassis, killed all the hubs apart from the fronts, engines gearboxs, clutches in 3 tanks, tyres in one outing, hostiles two pairs, ripped the inner walls out, cages Christ knows how many of them, and I don't roll it much, not violantly either, its usully side swiping things, coz I usully am going sideways most of the time flatout, till it looses grip and spins out lol!

It shouldn't do soon when the belted vipers are on, give them a go, ;)

• Like 1

It'll still slide with Vipers on... But it's a lot more controlable than MX's.

But don't worry, it won't lose any of that Baja tail happy charm** (Rubbish handling**) :D

Fixed that for you

• Like 1