• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

finally got my hyper conversion started

Is that a hyper 7 or a hyper 8 motor mount? I ask because I have one for a hyper 8 on mine and it needed two m4 washers between the mount and the chassis to he the spur/pinion to line up properly. Have a look under the car. There will be a slot cut out of the chassis for the spur. If the spur is not central to in the cut out (ie it is closer to one side than the other) it will need the washers.

Is that a hyper 7 or a hyper 8 motor mount? I ask because I have one for a hyper 8 on mine and it needed two m4 washers between the mount and the chassis to he the spur/pinion to line up properly. Have a look under the car. There will be a slot cut out of the chassis for the spur. If the spur is not central to in the cut out (ie it is closer to one side than the other) it will need the washers.

i used m4 nuts and drilled them out to make spacers to raise the diff so the motor could fit but the spur looks fine

post-35042-0-97160000-1413581777_thumb.p

post-35042-0-72048800-1413581802_thumb.p

i used m4 nuts and drilled them out to make spacers to raise the diff so the motor could fit but the spur looks fine

Cool, looks like you got quite a bit of height on that centre diff. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build :)

Well got my shell painted this morning but think it needs some stickers and i might get a green wing but just waiting on my batterys for now and does anybody know if i need a certain type of receiver for a dx4s spektrum transmitter to work on this car

post-35042-0-59132100-1413621384_thumb.p

post-35042-0-80603100-1413621435_thumb.p

post-35042-0-05513100-1413621466_thumb.p

post-35042-0-33391000-1413621615_thumb.p

Looks great well done :thumbsup: ,

my ST is all built now (well ready to run) Just having problems setting the ESC up with the HW programme box It doesn't want to connect think it might be the wrong one :36_11_13[1]:

Hopefully it all goes well for me i only started the hobby in august and bought the hyper 7 and its my first ever build lol i did buy an helion animus off here a few week ago so the kids can have a mess about with it instead of wanting mine :)

Looks great well done :thumbsup: ,

my ST is all built now (well ready to run) Just having problems setting the ESC up with the HW programme box It doesn't want to connect think it might be the wrong one :36_11_13[1]:

What do you mean it won't connect? Is it the led type program box? Which esc is it that you have again?

What do you mean it won't connect? Is it the led type program box? Which esc is it that you have again?

I have the WP-8BL150 and I have the program box with the blue lit LCD screen I think that's the wrong one I need the l LED one anyway I've just ordered one so we will see Tuesday [emoji2]

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished my conversion now the batteries have arrived and its top speed is 49.2mph :)

That's plenty quick :)

What gearing you using?

And have you put any Velcro under the battery? I'd say frontal collisions are more likely than rear end ones and you have your batteries wires facing forward so in a frontal there is a possibility the battery could slide forward, hit the front of the battery tray and damage the internal connections of the battery. Velcro on the battery/battery tray would helm minimise this happening.

Maybe I'm going over the top but I've seen a few lipo fire videos and they have made me wary of lipo's for sure...

I have ordered some thin foam for the battery tray and i shall turn the battery around but the t bone bumper set should help with big impacts lol and i have the standard centre diff with a 19t pinion