• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to asign the three position switch

yoodoo

I have a DX7 EU and have just bought my missus one for her quad.

The person who set my DJI 550 up asigned the GEAR switch so that i can set it to either Atitude or GPS mode.Now what I want to do is use the three position switch to use ATTI,GPS and MANUAL mode.Is there a way of doing this or not?

DX7Eu_zps78536d8d.jpg

20140601_181638_zps84fa8eb6.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Oh,I'm using a Naza V2 as a FC.

Edited by yoodoo

the three way toggle is nodoubt flaps on an aircraft.

the handset is not the DX7S version where you could download an already made profile.

i would say using the mix function and binding it to the channel used by naza (U -Aux1 etc etc )

maybe skip out and leave manual mode not bound in, so its gps-atti only and throw in the IOC

on the flaps so you would have 

gear = ATTI -GPS

Flap bound as IOC off - IOC courselock - IOC homelock, these are used more in fancy camera stuff where nomatter what way the quad faces

forwards on stick means craft moves forwards.

take off from yourself push forwards and craft flys away infront of you

spin rudder 90 degree, push stick backwards and craft comes back to you even though its nose is pointing a different direction

in the other ioc mode the craft will take a kind of circle from the user and act in a slightly differnet way with sticks

both these are used in drone video work ( some call them newbie modes as a total newcomer can easy move forward and back left and right 

without need to worry about crafts orientation of its nose/tail )

an accidental switch from either gps/atti into manual mode can be fatal , to a newcomer without flying time its a 100% stuff into the ground

and repair. 

you could add a rgb led to the toggle switchs legs and negative.

when in manual mode the led will glow red, when the switch is in atti mode it glows blue

when in gps mode it glows green ( green flashes on naza system indicate gps i think if i remember)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy