• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mt4g3 vs savage flux

Thomas rc

Just had a bash on 6s 10 mins ago no probs with my new improvements I have done on the truck today. Hyper 7 is a buggy i like monster trucks so no thanks. Weather savage flux or not they have the same internal diff gears so it doesn't matter. My diff is nicely shimmed and oiled up and it has just took a beating so I am now happy with it. Had to make a cva pin out of a drill bit today as the stock 1 snapped and it's held up fine so I'm happy over all

I have the TT MT4-G3, geared up on a 14t Pinion, 48 spur running 4s and there is plenty of power and running time for bashing. 

It bashes so very well and takes a beating when I land badly etc. Having said that, I don't deliberately try and break it, I just have a damn good time out on the local BMX track and that's taking in some very long, tall jumps. The truck is really easy to level out on jumps (reducing break force to 50% via the ESC programmer helped).

The only things I have done since buying is add threadlock to all the key areas, gear up on the pinion and add a chassis brace to reduce flex.

I love the truck, its a hard-wearing, great fun MT with a really robust quality.

• Like 1

I'd get in and shim the others as they won't last long on 6s if you don't !

Glad to here your efforts are paying off !

If the cable ties are working for you great, but if there not you could also try some heat shrink tubing ? I take it you mean thread lock on the grub screws and not the pins themselves ?

While you got some thread lock stick a drop on the wheel nuts and should stop them backing off and destroying your wheel hex !