• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TMaxxDave's Tamiya TB-01

TMaxxDave

Thanks for the info! Yeah I do know a little bit about brushless due to my Blitz, but that's a very different machine. Will have a look around. I'll be using 2s lipos aswell, will probably get metal diffs for it.

I changed mine to plastic to save weight. I'll be getting lipos at some point, probably 2s as I think 3s will be insane. Ball bearing diffs would be awesome but not the cheapest. I've just ordered a set of anti roll bars off the TG10 to help the handling

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

For 8quid you cant really go wrong. 80amp ESC will be fine. Im just using the pinions that came with the car orginally. Why did you decide to go for a TB-01? If you dont mind me asking

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update. The runner TB-01 shall be running a Tamiya 105BK esc with Tamiya Sport Tuned motor. These are on order :-) The prop shaft and diffs shall remain steel. Not too fussed about speed. Wanting relibility and quick acceleration. I need to do some jiggering around with parts from my shelfer and my runner. As i cant remember which parts are fitted to which.

Ive gone back to brushed to keep it all Tamiya and im convinced its brushless that killed the gears when i had the alloy prop fitted.

Been playing around with some bits and pieces and ive only just realised that my runner is fitted with some nice slightly longer shockers, So they are being removed for the shelfer along with the alloy prop.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

16428a161edd7332a1d9d9cad5e6d597.jpg

Made a start on my runner chassis. Will be running Sports tuned motor with a 105 Tamiya ESC, standard servo on NiHm. The diffs have been rebuilt with some heavy duty grease. Shocks are using 40wt oil. Its using TG10 anti roll bars, alloy motor mount and alloy front suspension mount. The chassis is practically brand new. No play in the steering joints or suspension.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...