• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TXT1 wheel wideners

BryTXT1

They do look good with the stainless M3 bolts.

News update - your fault for reminding me!!  :thumbsup:  - I've made the Punisher shafts fit!! My mate Dremel's been working hard today.

Al.

Check out my build.

EVERYTHING I could possibly change to aluminium I did - yes the steering rods and ends as well.

I DID have to grind the RC4WD rod ends to ensure they fitted without problem.

Tis the fun of the hobby.

Al.

I looked into other knuckles, as they use spacers to make them fit - they do, but ...

They USED TO make alloy axles, but (fortunately for my bank account) I couldn't find the direct fit TXT / Juggernaut axles any more ....

I'm a bit dubious about the mount of the knuckles - might crack.

To be honest, my Juggernaut's been perfect for over 14 years so I don't expect any problems with the standard axles. I have used proper stainless M3 bolts with M3 nyloks rather than the cheesy Tamiya screws - which work perfectly I might add.

Al.

It was but new plastic knuckles or buy ally ones and I could see myself breaking the plastic again so thought sod it, in for a penny in for a pound, or a few hundred. I have no shortage of stainless bolts and nylocks, just waiting for my other bits to come before I add them, save stripping it multiple times

Just had first run with 2x 3s lipos... Mental does wheelies in reverse let alone going forwards...

Flat out it tends to flip on to its roof and slide ten foot. Dint have enough space to be brave enough to get to full speed.

However I think it may have suffer some injuries so it may have to be toned down to 1 motor esc and 3 cell

Neither I guess as had both motors in so one for each esc so they wernt wiered together. Taken one motor out now tho, as amusing as it was I could see great problems arising. Talking of which I need a new spur and pinion as they're bit ropey, any one suggest best place to get txt spur? And a good tooth combo for speed?

Ebay.

Gear sets available.

I've found you can actually swap the original spur combination gear (32DP spur / Mod1 on the other side) for the 'Short 27t' gear used lower down in the centre transfer box.

It was a bit tight to start, but once aligned properly, actually fits well.

What does this mean?

Instead of the 32DP pinion turning a 32DP 40t spur, you'll need a Mod1 pinion, and will be driving a Mod1 27t spur. (40 / 27) x speed if you use the same number of teeth on the pinion.

Just an idea .....

Al.