• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what's the easiest way to clean up an fg chassis?

RCbutcher

The fg chassis on ebay all look new and shiny but the sellers won't say how they do it anybody know? I dont fancy buying one when mines fine but would like to get rid of the gunk look it has going on.

I tried some oven cleaner on a scrap peice of fg metal but that looks dull but cleaner but not sure if oven cleaner will corrode it or something.

have a look for "gunk" its possibly the best degreaser u can get without using anything too harsh, good for old engines etc, id use that and maybe a scotch pad, obviously not something too agressive to keep marks down to a minimum, then if u really wanna take the pee and have it bling just get some autosol and a rag on it, not sure if itd work but its the route id go :P

Thanks man do you have any links to the products? Asda sells some alloy wheel cleaner I thought that might work but going to wait for definite anwser the chassis isn't dead bad but ide like to make this fg look smart or as smart as I can lol.

The easy option would be to wrap it which I still might but want it shiney regardless. My mate works at a place that powder coats parts for jcb im going to ask him if they do nice colours a nice bright red mayb or metallic would be awesome. I have a thing for anodized red atm lol.

Pics coming.

Also if theres any youtube vids of this process I can watch please link I can't find any fg chassis ones.

Thanks man do you have any links to the products? Asda sells some alloy wheel cleaner I thought that might work but going to wait for definite anwser the chassis isn't dead bad but ide like to make this fg look smart or as smart as I can lol.

The easy option would be to wrap it which I still might but want it shiney regardless. My mate works at a place that powder coats parts for JCB im going to ask him if they do nice colours a nice bright red mayb or metallic would be awesome. I have a thing for anodized red atm lol.

Pics coming.

Also if theres any youtube vids of this process I can watch please link I can't find any fg chassis ones.

Well as long as you dont mind yellow.....never seen a red JCB before!