• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo 3.3 Project

naz

There's another way if you can find the bits. Theres a manifold that's just a small tube for the picco then you hook up a right angled rubber that could pull the pipe in from the wheel plus that manifold was made because people got tired of snapping the bolted on manifolds. I dont remember who makes them tho. Im sure they'll be a way around it check the traxxas forum revo section.

The wheelie bar I was talking about is a home mod just using your old rear bumper mount hooked up to your rear wing using two m4x12 screws.

There's another way if you can find the bits. Theres a manifold that's just a small tube for the picco then you hook up a right angled rubber that could pull the pipe in from the wheel plus that manifold was made because people got tired of snapping the bolted on manifolds. I dont remember who makes them tho. Im sure they'll be a way around it check the traxxas forum revo section.

The wheelie bar I was talking about is a home mod just using your old rear bumper mount hooked up to your rear wing using two m4x12 screws.

I don't think it will work it's a good idea and I've seen pic's of what you mean but I just don't think I can keep it under the body without it sticking out from either side, the pipe is about 7 inches long and if you add the header then you looking at about approx 81/2 inches in length

Oh I wouldn't mind if its not fouling the wheel on rebound. My trinity clone pokes out alittle further than ide like but I dont want to go back to resonator lol. The other problem is the traxxas shells are super skinny eith a proline or something might not protrude but thats no help as you've just brought a new shell. But a thought to anyone or us in the future.

Ide like a raptor shell.

• 1 month later...

Been busy work as taken over my life again but have now got back on the wagon upgrading my Revo and put up pics more to come  :thumbsup: 

Finally painted the body shell was a windy day although great sunny weather

20140816_172857_zpsffc52f2d.jpg

20140824_133139_zpsdb281965.jpg

Bought ST Racing Flywheel shoes as after careful deliberation the Picco needs this for better performance

20140904_183809_zps700d592e.jpg

Drilled 3 holes on the HR air filter as well as epoxy to get an air tight seal so I can use stock adapter

20140904_184044_zpsb1d16237.jpg

20140908_220707_zps25e563f8.jpg

Rear Wing has now a Wheelie Bar

20140908_221506_zps3d8e31b8.jpg

Picco .26 now installed also modified crappy stock glow plug wire for a better Twist-Lock Pigtail version

20140908_221253_zps42ff07f3.jpg

Edited by naz

Check out hopmeup seller on ebay they have great deals on upgrades.

How is the strc clutch idk if to go with that one or the intengy evo one both are around the same price I think. I would like to start adding red alloy to mine tho.

Check out hopmeup seller on ebay they have great deals on upgrades.

How is the strc clutch idk if to go with that one or the intengy evo one both are around the same price I think. I would like to start adding red alloy to mine tho.

From what I've read is don't touch integy there stuff isn't good but ST Racing flywheel clutch has got great feedback from other user's it's probably the next best thing in terms of price and compared to stock its a huge improvement

Installed Pushrods, Changed spring for firmer ones and re-installed wing/wheelie bar

20140921_110720_zps20a17d78.jpg

Engine wouldn't kick in with ez-start so installed pull-start only for compression stopped pull-start recoiling back in so getting backplate so I can use my roto-start, I hate pull-starts so many issue's. Using stock exhaust temporarily just to break in engine.
Edited by naz

Integy makes some good things the clutch is rated from what I've read. I also think alot of Integy haters have never used Integy tbh lol. The user's do report issues sure but I think 1 customer gets echoed by 5 non users.

I think if it's not an impact area Integy is ok that said I've had full Integy arms and no issues. Still have fronts fitted.

Mip are rated by some hated by others revo guys love them slash guys loath them. It's one of them lol.

You should be ok with ez start if you warm the engine , store at bdc , loosen the plug a touch and all of that to aid starting with picco mate.

I tried a pull start too lasted 3 pulls lol. Put the ez back on and kept at it and now it's fine.

With alloy arms I don't understand why they don't make some hinge pins too that are strong enough to bash but snap in any bad crash and be cheap enough to buy a pack as spares.

Or design some kind of hard rubber joint into the arm to give some flex.

The flex tech titanium arms sound great but they don't make them now they did cost like

Integy makes some good things the clutch is rated from what I've read. I also think alot of Integy haters have never used Integy tbh lol. The user's do report issues sure but I think 1 customer gets echoed by 5 non users.

I think if it's not an impact area Integy is ok that said I've had full Integy arms and no issues. Still have fronts fitted.

Mip are rated by some hated by others revo guys love them slash guys loath them. It's one of them lol.

You should be ok with ez start if you warm the engine , store at bdc , loosen the plug a touch and all of that to aid starting with picco mate.

I tried a pull start too lasted 3 pulls lol. Put the ez back on and kept at it and now it's fine.

Yea you are probably right I think it all comes down to personal preference I think I was just trying to echo ST Racing would be the better choice, I just bought myself a Integy Ball Baering Throttle Mix Arm as it was the only one I could find and to be honest I'm pretty sure it will do a good job

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at buying RPM A-Arms and there are 2 types, not sure if the better option is to go for the extended or I presume the other is just standard stock size.
Whats the better option everyone is buying?

Edited by naz

cant believe youve been and bought that pipe ;) that is an ercm ent it ? means ive gotta get motivated and get something to put one on lol

Haha yes it is  :)... Well I hope I've helped in motivating you as well  :thumbsup:

I decided to epoxy the magnet to the ST Racing flywheel, as I like the idea of having the telemetry, epoxy can take a lot of heat combined with the cool air running through the vents may just work, only time will tell.

Picture to show what I did...

20141007_175937_zps64eac416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few pics with the finished painted body, had some phatline's lying around using these for now until I get black one's which I think will go really well, will put up another video of second break-in later

20141017_140246_zps0027462e.jpg

20141017_1404351_zps2d32efc2.jpg

20141017_140413_zps7ec38c92.jpg

20141017_1407423_zps030be51d.jpg

Edited by naz
  • Like 3