• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South West Indoor RC - and the *SATURDAY SUMMER RACE DAYS*

MattyV6

Shame you don't still have the RC10. Good you have the T2 though - I was planning on taking my T4 along most weeks in case any other trucks turned up :) I ran it at the Plymouth track on Wednesday and had a great time - I really like the AE trucks; trucks are not the best looking class, but they are a great laugh to drive! :-D

I was going to take my E-Firestorm truck to Plymouth on Wed, but got stuck in work so late I couldn't make it. I'll have to put some running gear in the T2 when I get a few mins! :)

I've got a new set of Bowtie tyres on the T2 at the moment, I wonder how they will handle carpet..

I was going to take my E-Firestorm truck to Plymouth on Wed, but got stuck in work so late I couldn't make it. I'll have to put some running gear in the T2 when I get a few mins! :)

I've got a new set of Bowtie tyres on the T2 at the moment, I wonder how they will handle carpet..

I've not driven one, but I imagine that the E-Firestorm drives similarly to my T4 (brushless), which runs really well on the Plymouth track :) What year was the T2 released? Must qualify as vintage...? I think it's usually pre-2000 for that class...

I've still got the stock tyres on the T4, and I've got no idea how they will handle carpet either... This will be my first time on carpet - I've always raced on outdoor tracks, dirt/grass, so will be a whole new experience for me! :-D give it a few weeks and I'll probably have to get new sets of more suitable tyres!

I've not driven one, but I imagine that the E-Firestorm drives similarly to my T4 (brushless), which runs really well on the Plymouth track :) What year was the T2 released? Must qualify as vintage...? I think it's usually pre-2000 for that class...

I've still got the stock tyres on the T4, and I've got no idea how they will handle carpet either... This will be my first time on carpet - I've always raced on outdoor tracks, dirt/grass, so will be a whole new experience for me! :-D give it a few weeks and I'll probably have to get new sets of more suitable tyres!

The E-Firestorm almost looks like it started life as a copy of the T4, very similar. Very nice car to drive in most conditions - just don't mind the wheelies :)

The T2 dates from about 1994-1995 I think. Adds a bit of variety to the proceedings :) Gonna just turn up with a whole boot of cars to try haha :) Really looking forward to running a 1/10 buggy again though.

I dont know if this is a good deal but as i was searching ebay for another Schumacher cougar i found the vintage one if any of you are interested ( I'm not involved in the sale what so ever)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schumacher-Cougar-Vintage-/171407334820?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item27e8ac5da4

Edited by JayAVFC
  • Like 1

Just ordered some carpet tyres for the B4.2, hoping they will turn up in time for opening evening on Friday :-D T4 will have to wait, I'm planning a buggy night!

I dont know if this is a good deal but as i was searching ebay for another Schumacher cougar i found the vintage one if any of you are interested ( I'm not involved in the sale what so ever)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schumacher-Cougar-Vintage-/171407334820?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item27e8ac5da4

Looks in fab condition, really nicely restored, however there is a real chance of death by painful means if I buy any more RC's...
  • Like 1

Wow i didnt realise this had so many replies. I will reply to everyone with track questions later :) I just need to finish work first lol.

PS, Barry that Schumacher is looking sweet!! Richard i will also reply to you dude :)

I can not wait for Friday now :)

• Like 1

That thing looks tough as nails mate.. Do Mardave still make parts for them?

Its gonna be a marathon session in the workshop tonight to finish building my H2 + spraying time. Just hope it all works tomorrow :)

That thing looks tough as nails mate.. Do Mardave still make parts for them?

Its gonna be a marathon session in the workshop tonight to finish building my H2 + spraying time. Just hope it all works tomorrow :)

You'll get it done mate

Enjoy the build even though time is limited! I guess there will be practice time, should be enough to get it all working :-) I would guess you could always run with an unfinished shell, important thing is to get the buggy together.

My mini Pin Point and Wedge tyres arrived this morning! Got them mounted on the buggy, and popped on a new rod-end after last night's breakage (kindly donated by the T4), and ordered a couple of sets of RPM ones to replace the standard sets. New tyres are mounted and all ready to run for Friday :-)

Thanks guys, looking forward to cracking on with it later :)

Shell is covered with marker and liquid mask at the moment, could be a bit unsightly!

I've got mini spikes all round for tomorrow, but will be keeping a close eye on what works for everybody else ;)

What's the general consensus on tyres for smooth carpet? Mini pins sound like the way to go?

What's the general consensus on tyres for smooth carpet? Mini pins sound like the way to go?

I got Pin Point rears and Wedge fronts:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-wedge-2.2-2wd-z3-medium-carpet-off-road-carpet-buggy-front-tires/rc-car-products/379802

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-pin-point-2.2-z3-medium-carpet-off-road-carpet-buggy-rear-tires/rc-car-products/376523

I chose them mainly because they were the Pro Line carpet compound tyres ModelSport had in stock, rather than because I know what I'm talking about, having never raced on carpet :-P

We'll see tomorrow if it was a good choice! Others may have a more informed opinion! ;-)

Keep us up to date with pics of the track and pits pleasseeee

MattyV6 has been posting regular pics on the Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Indoor-RC/262447823948047?ref=hl - 'like' the page if you haven't already)

From the latest pics on there the track is looking really fantastic - suggest you click on over and take a look! :-)

However, I'm sure he'd post some on here too with some encouragement ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!

MattyV6 has been posting regular pics on the Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Indoor-RC/262447823948047?ref=hl - 'like' the page if you haven't already)

From the latest pics on there the track is looking really fantastic - suggest you click on over and take a look! :-)

However, I'm sure he'd post some on here too with some encouragement ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!

Yeah i have seen the progress but i meant on the race day to with all of the cars there

Yeah i have seen the progress but i meant on the race day to with all of the cars there

Ah! Gotcha. I'll remind him to take photos tomorrow night :-)