• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2 speed gearbox for Maverick Blackout

Socast

Hey folks,

I've got a Maverick Blackout and had it for a little while, great truck not really had any issues with it other than the fact it's a lump so can be a little slow to pick it's feet up.

As you may or may not know the Blackout is basicllly a like for like clone of the Redcat Rampage thats sold in the US.

Now a company called Demon RC are doing an upgraded two speed gearbox for the Rampage, but at $275 not including postage it's a little rich for my blood.(h**p://www.demonrc.com/2spd_mcd.aspx)

So I start looking round to see if anyone else is doing something similar at a cheaper price and I come accross this guy on eBay h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/riskestceo?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

He's selling a very simular product but at

Edited by Socast

The guy is clearly selling junk.

Take the matter up through E-Bay, give the seller nasty feedback, and also pass on the reply you have had from the seller. He wants you to spend a lod of money on shipping which he didn;t bother ( despite charging you ) ... so let E-Bay deal and go with what they suggest.

If you were of a nasty inclination...you could always chuck some rubbish in the box and post that back to him by recorded delivery.... once you have POD, you have him.

edit:

Oh..yes...and your truck is not a copy of a Redcat Rampage.... it's exactly the same truck bar some minor spec choices. The trucks are made by HiMoto, who supply them to Redcat and Maverick ( HPI )

Ebay have said that I need to post it back to the guy, negative feedback has been left.

I more just wanted to spread the word, the part itself seems ok, just the bearings let the product down.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Thought about sending the part back and stitching him up with a rock in a box, but I cant be arsed with the grief.

The Chinese are perfectly capable of making high quality items, and manufacturing parts to a very high spec.

Trouble is, they also have very cheap labour, and can turn out junk for pennies. If they are asked to make things for a fraction of what they should cost...they will do that as well.

They have not all, it seems, yet learnt that quality product brings repeat custom. Find the sweet spot between cost and quality, and people will come back for more. Just ask King Motor :)