• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone own or owned a quad bike

Daveyb84

Hopefully this is in the right section?

Basically I'm looking for a bit of a summer toy and quite fancy a quad. I've ridden loads of them and have enjoyed them but have never owned one. My dad had a raptor 660cc which I loved but was just that bit to big for me. 

Was thinking of something like a suzuke ltz400 or an ltr450. What are quads like to run, maintain, insure etc? I know you have to be careful of the plg ones rather than a fully road legal one too. 

Any help would be useful 

Thanks

Hi daveyb82 I've got a supermotod 660 raptor on the road. There's a group of 5 of us that go out and have a hoot.

The ltr, yfz , trx 450s are fast race quads that rev to the moon. The engines aren't built for reliability so in my opinion don't make good road legal quads. The ltz 400s use pritty much the same engine as the drz so are reliable, also the honda 400ex have bombproof engines.

I pay

Edited by c2revo

To be honest I'm pretty set on either a Suzuki or a Honda. I'd never buy any thing like those Chinese clone things. Adrian Flux look pretty good on the insurance front with them as well. Thank you both your help and input

Just a quick word about Adrian flux there cheap but that's because you have I do all the leg work and then they charge you for it.

Went with them for my a3 and are useless unless you send everything from your previous insurance company as they refused to ring my old company. Just a heads up :)