• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help please think ive knackered trophy 4.6

jeff66

hi all

great site  and info need help please.just bought what I thought was a bargain trophy 4.6 .the person said that he could not get this started.

I brought it home set it back to the factory settings filled up with nitro primed it did what it says in the manual.

set it up for starting took aprox 4 to 6 pulls started then it revved its nuts off and wheels was turning at the same time.did  stopped within 7 secs .now the pullstart will not work.have a knackered this up or not.

very new at this hobby so please go easy on me

thanks for any help

yea it's definitely your first port of call as it doesn't sound like the engine is seized or anything, and pull starts do require maintenance like anything else least while it's off you can do this even if you don't get a fix out of it.

thanks for that have any idea why it revved so high and wanted to go without me touching the remote .

is it an easy fix to take the pullstart of will I have to remove the engine or can that be left in situ.

are there any vids out there

thanks again

Did you check your carb gap? To change your pullstart you can just take off the back end of the car the last 4 screws on the chassis if you dont want to take out your engine, i recently had to change my starter pressure pin inside my engine because of a slipping pullstart and my truggy was pretty new

hi all

managed to remove the pullstart and cord went back into place.put it back together and the pull start would not move.does this mean I have seized the engine

thanks again

also taken the glow plug out to see if the piston moved up and down it moved slightly if this helps

thanks again

Edited by jeff66

the flywheel moves freely in to the left if you are looking at the car head on and to the right but only unit the pullstart cord tightens.gave it 5 mins with hairdryer but the pullstart still will not move.will not be able to reply for another hour as I have to go out

thanks again

no never slided of was stuck on the shaft.found out the problem though.the person I bought it off had knackered the piston in as the arm had bent and broken.so will have to fork out more money for what I thought was a bargain.does any one know of any cheap spare parts shop.found the piston and lining on ebay for