• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FullerPaint

Fullerpaint

Problem with vinyl cutting is if the design is flowing over all the shell parts continuously (like the above one) then chances are the vinyl won't contour to the shell.

Even if you've done a good job of fitting the vinyl cuts to the shell (which would take longer than cutting it by hand) chances are you'll get paint bleeds where it's not sitting tightly enough to the shell .

Just my opinion anyway. If anyone has done it with vinyl I salute you, more talented than me :)

As always thanks for commenting and any feedback means it's all worth the hours spent on them.

Steven

Edited by Fullerpaint
  • Like 1

Problem with vinyl cutting is if the design is flowing over all the shell parts continuously (like the above one) then chances are the vinyl won't contour to the shell.

Even if you've done a good job of fitting the vinyl cuts to the shell (which would take longer than cutting it by hand) chances are you'll get paint bleeds where it's not sitting tightly enough to the shell .

Just my opinion anyway. If anyone has done it with vinyl I salute you, more talented than me :)

As always thanks for commenting and any feedback means it's all worth the hours spent on them.

Steven

I use vinyl but i havent overlapped it yet and have only done basic designs which i think it works well for, especially me because i don't have steady hands and I'm not creative Edited by JayAVFC

There's a guy on Oople that uses viynl too (Shilly Shells), but he uses it sparingly too (on the flat sections of buggy shells) . They look cool, so indeed vinyl can be very effective .

Shells don't need to be complicated, sometimes simple is best, which I never got the hang of :)

More buggys to come - exciting.

Edited by Fullerpaint

There's a guy on Oople that uses viynl too (Shilly Shells), but he uses it sparingly too (on the flat sections of buggy shells) . They look cool, so indeed vinyl can be very effective .

Shells don't need to be complicated, sometimes simple is best, which I never got the hang of :)

More buggys to come - exciting.

Looking forward to seeing more shells!

Hi, i want to paint my shell this green colour with honeycomb fade, which paint did you use and is it hard to do ?

Thanks

I always use Faskolor ;

1) Spray a few light coats of fluorescent green down into the honeycomb stencil, (zap with hair dryer between coats).

2) With the stencil still in position, dust 1 light coat of opaque light green down over the fluorescent green

3) Remove stencil and dust 1 coat fluorescent yellow , then spray fluorescent green over the yellow to finish the job.

4) Back with white.

Not hard at all, anyone can do it

Hope this helps.

Edited by Fullerpaint

I always use Faskolor ;

1) Spray a few light coats of fluorescent green down into the honeycomb stencil, (zap with hair dryer between coats).

2) With the stencil still in position, dust 1 light coat of opaque light green down over the fluorescent green

3) Remove stencil and dust 1 coat fluorescent yellow , then spray fluorescent green over the yellow to finish the job.

4) Back with white.

Not hard at all, anyone can do it

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Yes it will help, i have a shell here ready to spray and wasn't sure how to do it and what it would look like and then you posted this!

I will show you the results.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...