• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to drifting with a TT-01

Hi gents I've ordered a tt01 and have maticulasly looked throught the drift starter threads and sorted the few hop ups i need to get going with the only thing im struggling with now is wheels and tyres not so much which ones but where to get them from so i thought i'd see if you lads had any secret shops that i haven't been able to find

any info is appreciated, so thanks in advance gents

Get some HPI T-Drifts for outdoor use. Best drift tyres Ive had yet and yes I run a tt01. Get a one way front diff and lock up your back diff for better drifting.

There are also some adjustable front arms you can get to give the front wheels the toe in you see on the pro setups aswell.

Found that after i made those changes from stock, that drifting became much easier. Still struggling to do tight drifts and control at low speeds, but think this may be a downside to the tt01 not being a pro drift setup like the Sakura D3 etc.

You can get T-Drift knock offs from China pretty cheap aswell and there as good as the officials, just cheaper and longer wait on them coming to you.

I was looking at the t-drifts but was wondering if there was somewhere which held a lot of choices as the online shops I've checked seem to have very little choice of rim style and was planning on locking the diff up but would you recommend epoxy'ing it or the blutac way of doing it?

I was looking at the t-drifts but was wondering if there was somewhere which held a lot of choices as the online shops I've checked seem to have very little choice of rim style and was planning on locking the diff up but would you recommend epoxy'ing it or the blutac way of doing it?

Epoxy it and forget about it. If you buy a one way diff for the front, the diff you replace it with can always be a spare.

I normally try to go with rims with thicker spokes i.e 5 spokes etc. Just as going sideways means the wheel face takes a bit more stress and you crack rims quicker.

So try to find something that looks like it has strength to it.

shops we have..

hobbyking.com - tonnes of cheap rims and tyres, but sometimes import fees.

ebay.co.uk - duuuh! but has some of the best stuff and will be best bet for some of the harder and rare, more expensive drift stuff

rcgeeks.co.uk - normally has a nice selection of drift stuff, started as an ebay shop

maxspeedtechnology.co.uk - never used but have a nice selection

wheelspinmodels.co.uk - decent and trusted seller

jespares.co.uk - as above

cmldistribution.co.uk - as above

asiatees.com - import fees, never used, has amazing selection of rarer parts (tho maybe too good to be true)

modelsport.co.uk - great supplier and has a great selection of rims and tyres.

Nice one Colicab,if I can't find a set of wheels in that I like in that amount of suppliers I need shooting! Lol I'm just abit picky to say the least lol after it's all here the hardest choice is going to be what shell... Lol but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it lol thanks again for all the advice

Get some HPI T-Drifts for outdoor use. Best drift tyres Ive had yet and yes I run a tt01. Get a one way front diff and lock up your back diff for better drifting.

There are also some adjustable front arms you can get to give the front wheels the toe in you see on the pro setups aswell.

Found that after i made those changes from stock, that drifting became much easier. Still struggling to do tight drifts and control at low speeds, but think this may be a downside to the tt01 not being a pro drift setup like the Sakura D3 etc.

You can get T-Drift knock offs from China pretty cheap aswell and there as good as the officials, just cheaper and longer wait on them coming to you.

Your problem with tight low speed drifts may be the fact your running toe in on the front, 2* toe out is the best to run up front

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your problem with tight low speed drifts may be the fact your running toe in on the front, 2* toe out is the best to run up front

thanks for that i'd of never worked that out lol just ordered some tie rods to try and sort that out