• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's TLR SCTE 2.0

Obviously they add extra maintenance, but that suits me fine, I've been warned the front pucks could be worn out in under 20 packs, but I've got 5 full sets in spares already, but the rears should do 50+ easily

I don't mind the extra maintenance, it'd just be the initial testing so I could see how long a set of the pucks would last in a 2wd. It is a great idea though and I will most likely try a kit out at some point. One drawback is they only have outdrives for the ball diff, not the gear diff, but they may develop them if enough demand.

I don't mind the extra maintenance, it'd just be the initial testing so I could see how long a set of the pucks would last in a 2wd. It is a great idea though and I will most likely try a kit out at some point. One drawback is they only have outdrives for the ball diff, not the gear diff, but they may develop them if enough demand.

iv ran around 30 packs though my b5m so far and there isn't any wear so far. don't forget we run a lot less power than an 4wd sct. sorry for going off topic aj

Edited by alex97
  • Like 1

Yea they should last longer in a 2wd, but these use larger Pucks so they should last ok, its just extreme drive shaft angle which kill them quicker and I've been told to keep them grease up with either Moly or Silicone based grease, I've used some 30k diff oil I found on mine :)

• 2 weeks later...

She held up fine apart from the crack in the tower, I must have done around 10 packs through her and she was chucked off the big ramp we had a few times, but it was bloody windy all weekend so some of landings were a bit messy, the white shell is a bit battered now lol

I use a sack if I'm at a club or at home, can't be arsed when bashing lol

The charger does everything it should do, at 10a I'm turning around my 7600mah packs in about 25mins after a 7min run, so that's spot on for unstressed racing :)

Edited by .AJ.

I recently started using saddle packs for the first time, what a pain they are to get into a sack. Our club is quite strict about lipos being in a sack when charging.

Sorry a bit off topic, but have you use a Team Orion Advantage ONE Duo charger? That's the other charger I've been looking at so I can charge two batteries.

My favourite 4wd dry astro/grass tyre.

What inserts have you used,the stock orange ones I find a bit soft, the older green ones where fine...

Suspect you might end up trimming the fronts down a bit.

Edited by charlesk