• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC4WD steelies tyre mounting

I think I'm doing something wrong! I mounted my dirtgrabbers to my steelies and i can't get rid of the massive bulge in the sidewall, I've seen plenty of others with the same setup and they have a perfectly flat sidewall and look perfect like the truck below

maxresdefault.jpg

yet when i mount them they look wrong, it causes the sidewall to collapse and fold over really easy too :( Is there a special way to mount these? I've tried about a dozen times and i can't get them right at all! 

C7E63DBD-CF01-452F-8EFC-3723BE33F82A_zps

00B0A676-6D07-4EAE-B2B3-534C358C19D5_zps

I went and took a look at some RC4WD tyres on the steel wheels that I have and the the tyre "bulge" is more on one side of each of the four wheels. One side looks just like the ones in the first photo and the other side looks a bit like the other photo. I think it may have something to do with which side of the tyre you seat first.

Love the way the internal beadlock wheels look but they're an absolute pig to get the tyres seated prperly.

John

I have a set of 2.2 steelies and i often get the bulge with my Rok Lox. I  found it to be trapped air. 

When mounting them up put the inner ring in first then one half of the wheel. Press it in snugly, one in lift the open side of the wheel up so that all the air can escape. Then install the wheel as normal. I could get you some pictures if you require.

I have a set of 2.2 steelies and i often get the bulge with my Rok Lox. I  found it to be trapped air. 

When mounting them up put the inner ring in first then one half of the wheel. Press it in snugly, one in lift the open side of the wheel up so that all the air can escape. Then install the wheel as normal. I could get you some pictures if you require.

Spot on.When fiddling with them i've also found air to build up but push it out til the wheels flat and then mount the back of the tyre on. After doing so,it'll go back to normal shape.

Lel,you havent by any chance changed the inner foams have you? Or added loads of weights?

:good: