• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5b by RJJ

RJJ

^^^ cheers matey, once its finished I can throw them on em for a few pics :)

Regards to anodising, the best advice I can give is find somewhere local. This way you will not have to wrap parts in bubble wrap etc and deal with postage, some firms don't even do that.

Its far easier to get all your bits done in one go, but you can drop batches of and pickup again. Not the cheapest of options but for me I don't like powdercoat as it flakes plus these things are bad enough on tolerances at times.

Get on google find your nearest anodiser and pop over with your parts and have a chat with them.

Anodising started with jester for me and I got lucky as the firm I use don't really do small batches, all their clients send huge orders in, but I managed to catch the boss who for some reason said ok and I have used them ever since.

Been looking at pics and thinking a change of wing, something less bulky so a worx one is taking its place, when it arrives.

I love lights as you can tell :), it just adds another dimension to the look and driving them at night is something everybody should experience, its certainly different.

Takes a bit of figuring out, and its been self taught, trust me a good soldering iron helps a lot. Lots of different diameter heat shrink it soon goes, connecters, crimps etc 

But the results can be nice and neat, easy solutions, i.e "plug n play"

Thats why the feeds are sent out through the radio box, its easy to unclip and remove front lights, roof, roll bar, rear light bar.

No light controller on this, theres a reason why, but this is the result.

A big thanks to Kent at Killer RC great service as always from him.

Radiobox

imagejpg2_zps8443d4d1.jpg

And...................... Ta Da 

imagejpg5_zpsebbc4e9e.jpg

• Like 1

The windows are from Uber RC, Mark did a perfect job.

IMG_1694_zpsb49a6ca8.jpg

This pic I have put on fb forums and is doing the rounds lol.

Bartolone racing with something added by Killer RC :)

imagejpg13_zps884c07c6.jpg

Good news, bodyshell has been posted out, can't wait.

Edited by RJJ

So as said its on route, preview pic for you all before I put it on and finish this build up & wrap the thread up.

I have tried a wrap on my losi but tbh there's nothing like nice paint for me.

There's paint yeah, then there is Mark Sumner, just the nicest of blokes and god like skills with an airbrush, only man I goto for paint :)

imagejpg1_zpsa95215d6.jpg

Beautiful work.

If you're getting rid of the wing, drop me a PM Rav, I like it and need a replacement for the crappy triple A I fitted to our lasses B last year ;)

Cheers Noj, all credit goes to Mark, I just cut them shells.

Just going to check if it fits my fg as I have broken the mcd wing on that, but if not then yeah sure will send ya a pm matey.

Edited by RJJ

^^^ thank you guys, really kind words.

So I am back in the 5b club :)

imagejpg42_zps5184817d.jpg

A big thanks to all the shops I buy from here and US plus other places, really great service from everybody. 

One very special person is Mark Sumner of Outlaw Graphics, just makes the paint come alive, thank you friend.

Kev, RS Fruitbat made the extenders, custom mounts, great service, always willing to help, top man, same for Neil at Silverback and Rob at IRC.

Also my friends, Jim and especially Lea for giving me info when needed and Lea coming round to help diagnose a problem because tbh I had enough lol. Cheers guys :)

Lastly all you guys who have left comments, I don't mind good or bad, and the kind words left on this thread really appreciated, thank you.
Edited by RJJ
  • Like 3

And finally yes I will run it. Not prepared to smash it up at bhbf or sling it through a mud bath etc I am more of a fair weather basher lol.

Everything is built to run, just left Jester alone for now as it is my 1st 5th scale build,and I just got carried away. One day it will see fuel be assured :)

imagejpg3_zpsa71ed31e.jpg

imagejpg13_zps190174e4.jpg

imagejpg32_zps53da6b66.jpg

imagejpg29_zpsfbb7d459.jpg

imagejpg27_zpsa006d5f4.jpg

imagejpg15_zps768d402f.jpg

imagejpg36_zps182c52ae.jpg

• Like 1