• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FG Marder 3 years ago brand new? when did they stop selling these

kangarilla

Just found a FG marder original 29cc engine on ebay which was bought from modelsport 3 years ago for nearly a grand.

I thought these stopped selling ages ago, seems a lot for a FG,  when i got an all singing dancing baja 5b with all the bit for less than that.

Anyone confirm dates please, just curious

Thanks 

Chris

they stopped making them afew years ago, some new ones do still come up from time to time, mostly old stock the people had forgotten about.

even though they are a good cars and no longer made, it doesn't make them valuable, if anything prices have dropped dramaticly, even though many spares and up grades are still being made.

Aye they are still in production, the stock 2wd Marder can be had for about 6-700 rtr, dunno where he got 1k from? Either its hopped up with some alloy n tuned pipe etc or the seller is just avin a laff! Infact hobbytek had the stock classic marder not long ago for under 500.

On a side note, the fg marder is prob the most reliable, simple, easy to work on largescale to date u will come across without a doubt ;-)

• Like 1

Aye they are still in production, the stock 2wd Marder can be had for about 6-700 rtr, dunno where he got 1k from? Either its hopped up with some alloy n tuned pipe etc or the seller is just avin a laff! Infact hobbytek had the stock classic marder not long ago for under 500.

On a side note, the fg marder is prob the most reliable, simple, easy to work on largescale to date u will come across without a doubt ;-)

Clearly you've never worked on a Losi 5ive lol.

Marders are definitely second for me though.

I havent, bt ive seen others and defo seems more fiddly than 2wd fg, takes me mins, prob less to strip everything from chassis :-)

• Like 1

The thing is with the marder  though with a 23cc engine and 2 wd ist great fun, mines prob 10+ years old and front end comes up. Losi is a different animal, easy to work on but so much bigger to handle and manipulate.

For ease of use i would have yo give it to the marder as 8-12 screws and everythings off, in a few minutes, really good every time you need to straighten the chassis !! :)

Bit like comparing a jaguar to a Yaris though, 

There's a model shop in uk not well known but they still have tons of fg rcs alot of them Ide never seen before like the jeep and hummer they was all around 7-800 new. Some with alloy parts on too.