• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KYOSHO Psycho Kruiser Readyset

mydoddy69

I hate it when they release a truck with a video, but give you limited views under the shell. It's like they're hiding something.

Nice looking otherwise, but parts will no doubt be an issue.

• Like 1

Tug...it's a Kyosho...of course spares will be hard to get :)

Other than that...I'm glad they have put that scoop on the front, as it means I should be able to get a replacement if I mess up the one on Truckzilla. Theirs is a dummy....but mine is an air intake. They have just re-used the old GigaCrusher molding from the look of it. Which is great for me!

What bugs me, though, is the fact that they call it a monster truck. It's not.... it's a truggy.

There seems to be a fashion for low slung truck bodies on truggy chassis. Fine...but don't call them trucks! When you stop calling it a monster and look at it as a truggy, there are other options I would rather spend my cash on. Like the sexy Serpent one. I also would like to know how long it lasts on 6S.

Lots of cars claimed as '6S capable' .... Traxxas Revo, Savage Flux, etc. and the ESCs are indeed able to handle 6S. Just not the driveline for long. Run them on 6S and they will simply wear out. How long will this hold up under 6S I wonder. But I suppose advertising it as 4S with occasional 6S runs until the diffs crumble doesn't pull in the $$$$$

I want the scoop too for my revo. Is it the exact same as the functioning nitro one from the giga krusher is it?

I think kyosho should fix up their parts support service. Are orion elecs made by hobbywing? Or is it hw hardware orion software. I ask because I saw an orion esc clearly an sc8 in tower but cost $200

I want the scoop too for my revo. Is it the exact same as the functioning nitro one from the giga krusher is it?

I think kyosho should fix up their parts support service. Are orion elecs made by hobbywing? Or is it hw hardware orion software. I ask because I saw an orion esc clearly an sc8 in tower but cost $200

The top section is the same.... but the full GigCrusher setup has the holes in teh front plus a wire mesh behind that. It bolts onto an airbox with the actual filter foam inside, and has a takeoff either end for the inlet hoses to the carb. You either fit both ( as I did ) or 1 plus a supplied blanking plug for a single engine layout.

In a crash...it's the top bit you will damage.... and they are rare as rocking horse manure.

You could rig one up on a Revo easy enough. Just need to find a small airtight box, bolt hte intake scoop on the top, and run a short length of fat silicon pipe to the carb. You just have to make sure the outlet to the carb is drawing air through the foam, not round it.