• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi savage x 4.1 no drive?

Sambecky1989

Does the slipper plate have pegs for the disk to line up then? My slipper disk is off centred like its just hanging then clamped. 

Edit.

Nitro anwserd that. Thanks ill also check mine.

Ps. Did anyone link to the correct clutch bell bearings I could use two aswel. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Clutch-Bell-bearings-5x10x4mm-HPI-Savage-Hyper-7-8-9-/250578418129?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a57a339d1

I got a drawer full of the motor plates, and may well have a brace....I'll have a look.

Clutch bell looked OK, and as long as the tetth are not damaged, it will be fine. Just replace the bearings once you check the teeth. They looked OK in the pics...but it's easier to tell in the flesh.

The back plate for the slipper clutch has 2 pins that go into the steel disc. They shouldn't stick out firther than the front face of the metal disc. They locate it on the backplate. The backplate is keyed to the gearbox input shaft. So....the motor drives the spur gear. The spur gear will drive the metal disc as long as there is enough friction. The metal disc then turns the backplate via the 2 pins, and that drives the gearbox.

The amount of friction is controlled by the spring and nut. The tighter that is...the more friction you get.

The idea is that shock loads will cause the assembly to slip, preventing damage to the drivetrain

Cheers mate explains it all and easy to understand!! Thank you

Clutch bell looks fine no damaged teeth at all as for the clutch shoes someone said they looked the wrong way round but the truck was running fine till bearings went??

Cheers

No I don`t think it is. look at the video I posted and you will see which way he is putting the shoes on

Saw video so basically have to go the opposite way to what they are now

How come the truck was still running with them the wrong way???

Cheers

This is my clutch shoe set up is this correct???

imagejpg1_zps351cfe41.jpg

imagejpg2_zps314ea157.jpg

they need spinning around pal 

Saw video so basically have to go the opposite way to what they are now

How come the truck was still running with them the wrong way???

Cheers

because tey would still be opening out but youd have a lot less throttle response