• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally got my new car

norcoforever

Well after a lot of searching and struggling to decide i picked up my fiesta st 150 last week. although it's on a 55 it was first registered may 2006. it has the full black heated leather along with lots of options, it's a completly unmolested example with only 57,000

i did test drive quite a few different cars including a clio 182 and 197 which felt frankly awful, quick but unbearable day to day i also looked at stuff like an mx5 but this came up at the right price 2 owners from new in the same family, full service history, low miles and not been messed with. all i have done is fit a genuine K&N 57i as one of the standard pipes had split and was

Sweet as a but dude, hope she brings you plenty of smiles per mile :) Big step up from that shed of a Fabia...still amazes me that someone actually wanted to own it after you!! ;)

my fabia was the SDI model so slow as owt but did me well for 35,000 miles in a year! in some ways i miss it but it was damn expensive to keep it going just with wear and tear. now i'm not commuting i decided to have something that was quick and fun, even if the fuel economy is scary lol

oh i should add i have also ordered a private plate, just waiting for the V5 to send it off to the DVLA to get it transfered over to the car

nice cars the st had mine for 3 years now. it needs some tlc now though thanks to someone in a white car grr

what happened? is your pre or post facelift?

I have the same st 150 yes mpg is low but its a hot hatch. Enjoy it ive had mine 4 years one of my favorite cars put a smile on my face every time, mine is a bit of a garage queen only done 35000 miles and only comes out if its nice.

• Like 1

I have the same st 150 yes mpg is low but its a hot hatch. Enjoy it ive had mine 4 years one of my favorite cars put a smile on my face every time, mine is a bit of a garage queen only done 35000 miles and only comes out if its nice.

with the mpg i'm upto about 32.3 according to the trip computer, the ecu update seems to have helped along with the inductions kit, the car never fails to put a smile on my face, it's been a lot of hard work to get it but well well worth it =]

Tell me more about the update I only get around 29 30 mpg the trip at best with full tank gives me around 295 miles range. I have in the last month fitted a sportex cat back exhaust that might have a baring cos I love listening to the pops and bangs lol. I also only run on tesco momentum 99 im convinced it is better, the panther black is a pita to keep clean I use autoglym hd wax and detail top coat

• Like 2

Uave a think about a bluefin. I had one on my ST170 and I was getting around 5 mpg more as well as the added torque. The power figures dont look much but you can defo feel the difference. 5 mpg dont sound much either but over time it pays for itself.

Heard nothing but good reviews about these and would have got one if I didn't have a family.I had to settle for its big brother focus st2 in the best colour.had it mapped and it's pushing 270bhp which is enough for me.if your thinking of getting it mapped get a dreamscience as they are approved by ford.

Edited by prussian.guard
  • Like 1

Tell me more about the update I only get around 29 30 mpg the trip at best with full tank gives me around 295 miles range. I have in the last month fitted a sportex cat back exhaust that might have a baring cos I love listening to the pops and bangs lol. I also only run on tesco momentum 99 im convinced it is better, the panther black is a pita to keep clean I use autoglym hd wax and detail top coat

in 2007 ford released an ecu update primarily to combat the poor cold starting/hesitation to start after a short run, it also levels out the idle and gives slightly smoother throttle response,i had it done at my local sandicliffe it only cost

if your thinking of getting it mapped get a dreamscience as they are approved by ford.

I was under the impression that only mountune are Ford approved or at least they were when I bought my st-2.

Sent from my HTC One max

I thought that too. Apart from that, unless you get the one shot which is only available if you go to DS direct, the stratagem is really silly money. And TBH even if it was approved by Ford, I wouldnt worry on a car over 3 years old anyways. Of course with the BF there is always the option to reinstall factory setting if required.

Regardless. Norco hasnt even mentioned mapping. It was just an observation made from persnoal experience.

Nice motor BTW.

• Like 1

That is heavy fuel consumption for a four cylinder.... On a par with the straight six in mi beemer... ;)

its high consumption because it had quite a low ratio gear box. its over 3500rpm at 70 mph. its really needs a 6th gear for any long trips. its my biggest gripe with the car

Word of caution on the cat back exhaust I found it very noisy and fitted sound deadening in the boot it resonates at around 3000rpm and is deafening I did go for the un resonated option, although I did check out you tube its not the same as hearing one in the flesh. Mine hase done about 200 miles on the exhaust now and it is improving as it "soots" up.

That is heavy fuel consumption for a four cylinder.... On a par with the straight six in mi beemer... ;)

Yeh the fuel consumption does have a direct result of a heavy right foot!!!!

Thank you for all your kind comments guys, it's really appreciated there is a long term plan for the car, i'm not going ott as i don't think it needs it

first on my list is a set of greenstuff pads for the front along with a set of michelin pilot sport 3's to match the rears then it will go on a trip to pumaspeed for polybushed front engine mounts and a vibratechnics torque link, then the wheels will be refurbed and the few little dents and scratches will be sorted. following that it will be a miltek catback and flexi pipe and then run it as it is, as and when i will probably go down the remap route but not certain which one, with the exhaust and induction kit i would probably go for a mountune one =]

I dont like green stuff pads last time I used them I got massive brake fade the standard pads for road use are absolutely fine. When I looked into chipping the ecu the power gain was only 12 bhp didnt feel it was worth the

I dont like green stuff pads last time I used them I got massive brake fade the standard pads for road use are absolutely fine. When I looked into chipping the ecu the power gain was only 12 bhp didnt feel it was worth the

My view on the remap is dont bother if you want more bhp do the throtle body conversion but you looking at the cost of the car to do it. Fit induction kit as you have, exhaust and enjoy the noise it makes, any power gains claimed from these upgrades are misleading!

My view on the remap is dont bother if you want more bhp do the throtle body conversion but you looking at the cost of the car to do it. Fit induction kit as you have, exhaust and enjoy the noise it makes, any power gains claimed from these upgrades are misleading!

i have looked at 60mm throttle bodies but the cost is horrific for what they offer, my priority is the asthetics and the handling then power lol, atm i'm just enjoying driving and owning such a cracking little car =]