• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project Emaxx Bombproof

yoodoo

I don't think the shock mounts were kak alloy 'though!

On the main chassis / project, how is that diff / motor mount mounted to the chassis?

Have you just placed it into position for the photos? It doesn't seem to have any connection with the FLM chassis, as if its only mounted to the middle skid plate.

Al.

Hi Yoodoo, What would you say has been the cost of the original and upgrades? Are you running on 4s and is it waterproof?

Please let me know just how durable it is. Cheers.

Original I got for about £100 ish.I have not used one part I think as everything has been changed.Upgrades..????? not a clue.It hasn't been run yet so I don't know and I have a few motors to try out in it and ESC's also.It can run on 4s and 6s.I have not made it to be water proof as I don't plan on getting it wet. Duribility????? who knows,hopefully it will last a bit longer than the original stock but that will come in the driving.

Thanks

J

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoodoo said:

It is on the skid plate mate. Thats the design. The towers are a companies called AcncM,they do everything oversized.

J

I've got a pair of those 'acne' uprights as I call them, as well - 1/4" (6 mm) thick!

Really not keen on the skid plate only mounting - I'd look into bracing with the chassis - but that's me.

Al.

3 hours ago, Guns said:

How much did you pay for that Tmaxx?

Original I got for about £100 ish.I have not used one part I think as everything has been changed.Upgrades..????? not a clue.It hasn't been run yet so I don't know and I have a few motors to try out in it and ESC's also.It can run on 4s and 6s.I have not made it to be water proof as I don't plan on getting it wet. Duribility????? who knows,hopefully it will last a bit longer than the original stock but that will come in the driving.

Thanks

J

A ton mate,its has a gearbox and a shed load of spares and NIP GPM alloy arms and batteries,alloy shocks...etc...There is another the lad is selling ,all alloy but its a nitro,working with radio,starter etc and thats a ton too!

#J

8 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I've got a pair of those 'acne' uprights as I call them, as well - 1/4" (6 mm) thick!

Really not keen on the skid plate only mounting - I'd look into bracing with the chassis - but that's me.

Al.

Hey Alan,you say you have a pair of the "uprights" you mean bulks?? If so ,what side,F/R? I have just noticed I have a set on the truck and I wouldn't mind another set if you are parting with them at a price of course.

;)

J

1 hour ago, yoodoo said:

Hey Alan,you say you have a pair of the "uprights" you mean bulks?? If so ,what side,F/R? I have just noticed I have a set on the truck and I wouldn't mind another set if you are parting with them at a price of course.

;)

J

Hi James, I mean the shock mount 'upright' you bolt to the bulkheads, where you mount the shocks to.

I have Knuckleheads on my Maxx, but bought the ACNCM ones as back-up, so they're in the reserve box - not leaving home I'm afraid.

Al.

Well,worth a try hey.I mentioned in a previous post the lad is selling a allot nitro Maxx.It has the AcncM bulks on that so I'll buy it for spares..........anyone want a new engine??/ ha ha.

J

I still believe MT's have more 'character' with IC engines in, not running around as turbocharged 'milk-floats'.

I've no doubt my Raminator is faster, more powerful .... but was just 'better' as a nitro.

Al.

I done nitro's mate but all the arsing around with the settings and re-sleeving them and not to mention the goop you had to clean.....NAWWW,I'll stick to electric.

Just in the throws of putting those AcncM towers on....Jeeze,this is going to weigh a ton.I might have to put a 1 KV motor in it ;)

J

4 hours ago, Guns said:

How much did you pay for that Tmaxx?

Sorry mate,yes I paid £100 for the Maxx but the original maxx that was meant to be a donor for this was about £100 If I remember right,not used a part I think.

J