• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Alex's b5m

Alex97

First run today the I just couldn't drive the car fast while cornering on the stock setup. I changed the springs, camber and diff in the attempt to slove the problem. What ever I did it was just not working. Since getting home I've used someone else's setup, hope that this helps. Something else that didnt help was that I had warn tires that had very little grip, I forgot that 2wd needed more rear end grip compared to my b44 that would have been fine on the tires.

I've just ordered b5 straight wishbone and b5 shock tower, these are meant to help with the front and a lot of the pro drivers are using them. I've also ordered every screw x20 off of ebay, with a small container and 160 steel 10.9 screws for

Second run today and with the new setup and parts the car was great. My goal was 11 laps but I only managed a strong 10, this was down to a bad start and poor marshing (nothing to do with my driving) so with a clean run 11 should be doable. At some points I was faster than the 4wd so I see really promise with the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated this for a while. Not much has really changed other and a few sticker on the shell, I was planning to get a few alloy parts but as I like the look of the yeti they will have to be put on hold for a while. I might be racing the car on a carpet track on Thursday for the first time for both me and the car so that should be fun.

IMG_20140617_163919_zpsw8ayqfx7.jpg

Nope, absima cr3p i think its an ansmann virus 3.0

Tha pic of Tha gt3 (pink carbon) is my daughters for her turnigy 1/16 monster beetle an me lads got a gt3 an his turnigy 1/16 buggy

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

An alright days racing yesterday but my fastest race was heat 1 in the damp with wet tires on. I've got a few small changes to make to get the setup how I like. I think I'll be buying a new controller as when I drove someone else's car it felt so much easier to control using a different controller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to much to update other than I finally got the setup right and added a few new parts, the anti roll bar, alloy steering setup, blue nuts all round and the schelle slipper pad setup that looks very nice. I have also flipped the gull wing wish bones upside down and that seems to have improved the car a bit.

Other than a few other bits that I want to get it will be finished!

something finally broke after all the bad jumps and crashes! It was part of the gear box that connectors to the shock tower,it didn't stop me running though but it will need replacing.

Here's a quick rundown of all the extras ive added

• Alloy steering set
  • Anti roll bars
  • MIP top shaft
  • Schelle slipper
  • Chassis protector
  • Under servo and battery weights
  • 8mm grub screws all round to keep the hubs from moving
  • lustford ti turn buckles
  • alloy pin brace
  • alloy ball stud mount
I think this is now above the FT version that associated will bring out.

Alex

Edited by alex97

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to be getting a new shell painted up soon so it will no longer be Martini themed!!!!!

I did around 3 to 4 hours of practice today and got though 5 packs doing around 175 laps of herts astro track. Nothing broken and it took some big hits. Overall I'm really happy with the car and the setup that am running as it makes it so easy to drive. I might be getting the carbon fibre chassis so I have a 2wd chassis for low to high grip tracks.

Edited by alex97