• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new force 5.2 engine....

evssv

So I just ran a tank at idal (not sure it was run in fully when i bought it)and I'm getting loads of fuel leaking from where the rubber exhaust meets the header pipe......I gota a vid but cant upload it atm.....any other ideas??? Also getting a bit of fuel from the exhaust exit....I assum its on factory settings.....

The rubber connector sounds the biggest problem. If it's leaking badly, you'll be losing back pressure from the exhaust.

What fuel you using? Some are more oily than others and yes, if it's at factory it will be running rich anyway.

The rubber connector sounds the biggest problem. If it's leaking badly, you'll be losing back pressure from the exhaust.

What fuel you using? Some are more oily than others and yes, if it's at factory it will be running rich anyway.

fuel is o'donnells 25% race stuff..which we use in all our nitros..the pipe/manifold efra2059 is from my hyper and when it was on there it was sweet....the engine did come with a brand new pipe but no manifold. .....would 5.2 have a specific one??? Edited by evssv

Must admit, while I know different pipes and manifolds can change the power characteristics, never had a 5.2 so not sure.

I'm always surprised that exhausts are often just labelled 'big bore' but have never really worried about what manifold or exhaust I've put on mine unless buying proper tuned pipes. When I used to race karts, the exhaust for a 100c was not considered interchangeable with a 150cc (maybe that was just the rules though).

Manifold should be fine on the new engine, I don't know, could the increase in engine size create more pressure which is expanding the rubber slightly and allowing fuel/air out where it shouldn't be coming out of?

It comes out from between the rubber/manifold. ... jus noticed the 2059 has 2 lots of holes so I can try 2 springs to see if this helps at all. .mite hold it tighter to the head....

Edited by evssv

Result..I jus found 2 brand new answer manifold rubber as the one on the 5.2 is really thin....I jus fitted one and actually had to force the manifold over it...so this plus 2 springs Should. ...hopefully cure it...I'll b back!!!!!

Edited by evssv

Poocrap...its raining now......cant do a retest....but with the 2 springs it's well tight now.....so hopefully the only place it should come out of is the exhaust exit.........

Edited by evssv

Hi,

I had this scenario on my Savage X / Force R36 engine.

I worked out that the bottom of that black rubber gasket cannot seat properly because the top of the rotostart unit sits too high up and this is where it leaks, because the top of the rotostart unit pushes the gasket out of its correct shape.

I cut a straight line accross the bottom of the BACK OF the gasket but not so close that it stops the gasket doing it's job.

I got this wrong the first time and had to do it again, so just to be clear, its the back of the gasket that the exhaust is pulled tight against by the spring.

I hope this helps - it did completely stop my engine leaks.

Regards,

Dave

Hi,

I had this scenario on my Savage X / Force R36 engine.

I worked out that the bottom of that black rubber gasket cannot seat properly because the top of the rotostart unit sits too high up and this is where it leaks, because the top of the rotostart unit pushes the gasket out of its correct shape.

I cut a straight line accross the bottom of the BACK OF the gasket but not so close that it stops the gasket doing it's job.

I got this wrong the first time and had to do it again, so just to be clear, its the back of the gasket that the exhaust is pulled tight against by the spring.

I hope this helps - it did completely stop my engine leaks.

Regards,

Dave

soynd...I will look into this as it was only coming out a little bit on tick over/low revs.....