• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Zenoah 26cc.... Factory settings?

Oojudoo

Just been offered a fg marder....plenty of upgrades but he said the engine needs re setting.

He said I just need to call some model shops or look on the web to get the info of the factory setting on the carb. My thoughts are if it's just that, why didn't he do it or is it just literally easy to do if you know how?

I don't fancy buying something that can't be fixed....

Cheers

He said I just need to call some model shops or look on the web to get the info of the factory setting on the carb. My thoughts are if it's just that, why didn't he do it or is it just literally easy to do if you know how?

Engine just needs re-setting is something I see a lot of in adverts, and I think exactly what you thought. Roverman replied to your enquiry in..what...2 minutes? Searching on google for 'zenoah 26cc carb settings' would have also got the info from the first site that came up. If the seller knew enough and had access to the net, then he should have been able to have the motor running on the correct settings.... and my suspicious mind says he did, and it still ran poorly.

Be prepared for a bit more than just a tweak of the carbs, as I suspect the motor may be low on compression or have some other issues which will require money to rectify. Not the end of the world, as you can overhaul the motor quite easily for