• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ftx viper ordered

NOFX

Glad that combo worked out for you what sort of temps you getting ?? sounds like the speed is good to throw a tyre .. Next time try get some footage would be great to see it in action :thumbsup:  

Hi. Its ridiculously fast! I put a 25 t pinion on it, as it was to hand.The temps were alright.But the c hub broke after a few jumps. I'll get round to the misses letting me buy a few spare ones when she's in a good mood;) .I cut a bit out of the cockpit so I can poke a finger in & feel the motor temp.If it hurts its too hot ;)

The stock one's 20 t. It is literally scary fast.The fastest off roader I've seen :) .It's mental.I think it's close to 50 mph. Pity it's a bit fragile.I can see it getting destroyed if I mess up at full throttle :/

I'll be getting the stock pinion drilled out to 5 mm do it fits on the new brushless motor asap.It's too fast for what I want to do with it. Never thought I'd say that! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've only broken the hub carrier & CVD.The CVD was my fault,i drove the truck home with the hub carrier broken cause I was peeved about the carrier breaking :/ .I'd highly recommend boiling the sus arms & cub carriers. It makes them more flexible

Hi

I wouldn't recommend one of these to anyone that doesn't play with their trucks any rougher than their new born son :/ the plastic's so brittle and crappy :/ . it looks cool but it dont last even 5 mins of proper bashing .I took it out today & destroyed the rear cage & ripped the wing off. . My brushless summit would've coped No problem .If you do get one boil the whole of it after taking out the electics.it's a piece of brittle crap :(

Yep :/ .It looks the part,but the plastic's so brittle it breaks at the slightest impact. It nosedive d from about 2 feet in the air, then flipped onto the wing & destroyed the rear cage & ripped the wing off . It was only doing about 10 mph . Thank god I'm only using the stock pinion.not the 25 t pinion I tested it with. I thought ftx used flexy plastics, obviously not with the viper :( . I'm well disappointed !

It's about bashable as a christal vase! I've bodged a bit of tubing to hold the back end togetherer. It'll hold together better than the original rear cage, I can bet that . the original plastic is about as strong as a pen that you chewed at school :(

Hi there

I need upgrade drive shaft cvs, the stock driveshaft are terrible.

Length original one 132 mm

I have purchase wheel axle from 1/10 scale and long dogbone 110mm, but size Bowl and pin is different so I kind of stuck

Can anyone point me in right direction

Many thanks for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I don't know about the cvds.But I would recommend boiling the suspension arms ,hub carriers & rear cage.I'll definately be boiling the rear cage when I get a new one.It softens the plastic so it don't just break on impact.