• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

This week Me and the kids have been playing with our newest Lego additions. Marvel avengers and dc Lego superhero figures :)

604c3e3cf1d6b80956bd4bd1c8b1bc9d.jpga6cab31da2961e81c8ecfb49baba1cae.jpg48225452426bdba9828cb44e27126f1e.jpg

Also built the technic street bike and chopper. Will add some pics soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Toxic Basher

• 2 weeks later...

Just got into the Simpsons sets :)

Bought the Kwik-E-Mart a few days ago and yesterday got the series 2 mini figures.

Will be getting the Simpsons house next pay day and then will get a couple of other sets I like the look of.

Going to see if I can fit some lights to the roof section of the Kwik-E-Mart to lift the gloom inside.

1_zpsbqhyotyk.jpg

• Like 1

I've got the Simpsons house but I've stuck it in the loft till I've got space to build it. I've been thinking about getting the kwik e mart but I've got Lego in every corner now lol need to extend the house and make more space :)

I've just bought the mixels series 2 off eBay. Just series 1 to collect then I've got the full five series of mixels :D

• Like 1

I was surprised how big it was once built,about 12x10 inches overall.

I had one piece missing although it might have been a mistake on my part but I cant see where :)

The replacement part is on it's way from Lego,you cant see where the piece is missing though as it is behind the Kwik-E-Mart sign,I juggled the bits around a bit so the missing one wouldn't be obvious.

The Snake and Cheif Wiggum figures are great and only come with this set apparently.

• Like 1

Built that one before.

Had most of the big Technic sets from the last 3 or 4 years.

I dont like the smaller sets,has to have at least 1500 or so pieces before I think about buying it :)

Price vs piece count for us, some sets represent awful VFM, especially Technical of late....the Actross will be ordered shortly, waiting for the release of the Winter Toy Shop before ordering...

Yep seen the head fix but tried searching the Lego store pick a bric and couldn't find the first piece needed. Any idea where I'd find the bits ?

I've finished the building and the heads really floppy and the tracks barely move unless it's on carpet but I'm happy.

It looks ace and was an enjoyable build, I really like the ideas sets. The boxes are better quality and the instructions are proper booklets and much better quality than standard sets.

Yep seen the head fix but tried searching the Lego store pick a bric and couldn't find the first piece needed. Any idea where I'd find the bits ?

I've finished the building and the heads really floppy and the tracks barely move unless it's on carpet but I'm happy.

It looks ace and was an enjoyable build, I really like the ideas sets. The boxes are better quality and the instructions are proper booklets and much better quality than standard sets.

I have used here before

http://www.spareblocks.com/

although part numbers dont seem to match so some looking is required.

• Like 1

as requested:

8285, the set I (unkowingly at the time) outbid TW for on ebay. Although a pneumatics, everything bar the drop down wheel bar is manually operated  :xd:

Nicely designed, lovely build and an impressive model when complete  :thumbsup:

stuff2015-08-21DSCN2830_zpsjuava8dl.jpg

stuff2015-08-21DSCN2828_zpsxfipvyp3.jpg

stuff2015-08-21DSCN2829_zpsemuwv4jv.jpg

stuff2015-08-21DSCN2831_zpsqndf0axq.jpg

stuff2015-08-24DSCN2833_zps0pfbniuc.jpg

stuff2015-08-24DSCN2834_zpsi1jawwxi.jpg

stuff2015-08-24DSCN2836_zpslpiwf6qv.jpg

stuff2015-08-25DSCN2837_zpslgstiwas.jpg

stuff2015-08-25DSCN2840_zpsxz61w4h8.jpg

In its current cabinet space, along with a mere handful of my City truck collection:

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2843_zpsopxsjppe.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2841_zps9ebamvfl.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2842_zpsdjbyinkg.jpg

Edited by Noj
  • Like 2

Sitting with Mobile Crane MK2:

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2850_zpsbm8wzjrt.jpg

MC2 was a long build, didn't rush it, initially installed the cogs for the outriggers incorrectly, noticed before connecting the motor up :thumbsup: 

Gearbox set up works brilliantly, the movement is slow, as per the real thing...in full extension, makes for a huge model! Well worth buying, imo.

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2844_zpst600wztu.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2845_zps0bb5ogor.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2846_zps9q2d38ym.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2848_zpsc9ewzdc6.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2849_zpsv7vnnj58.jpg

stuff2015-09-15DSCN2851_zpsal52uuvp.jpg

Sad to dismantle sets, on the bright side I may dig out something different to put on display  :thumbsup:

For note, both Technic sets were bought via ebay, from honest sellers as both are 100% complete :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The only thing I didn't like which cant be avoided is the string lenght doesn't increase as you extend the arm right out.

If you dont have enough slack as the longest part of the arm extends it gets hung up by the string.

Is the 8285 "pumped" to operate it?

Agreed and yes it is...system still works well enough....

Have another pneumatics kit stashed somewhere...blue tow truck from their space age vehicle period....not worth much, didn't cost much, lol...