• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc Drift Exhaust Flames ?

RCTROJAN

Hello my fellow rc pals ,, I am currently slowly making a budget drifter with a tt01e chasis for bashing or switching to rally bash ,so I thought after doing the obvious upgrades oil shock Alu drive train etc not brushless yet tho I decided that an flaming exhaust would be excellent :) ,after looking for kits on the Internet for hours and some reaching 120 $ lolll I decided to make one . I used a chefs blow torch , took all the stiff springs off the trigger for easy servo life and disable safety switch , then I rigged a high torque servo near the trigger and use a servo horn for the trigger press , I had wired this up to a Spektrum dx3c with mixing capabilities , programmed the radio to mix 3 ch with throttle so when I accelerate channel 3 engages e.g pressing blowtorch trigger , mounted on rear of chassis now on the hunt for a body that will go with this big exhaust lol Total cost servo high torque

Edited by RCTROJAN

Not to discredit what you've done but a lighter works better, as it 'pops' rather than blows the flames.

An exhaust also spits flames when the revs are dying down, pretty sure it's burning any excess petrol and oil off after hard revving.

A shell that tends to suit a big exhaust is a Skyline R33, it's not to everyones taste but they're easy to make viable :D

Again not at all to discredit what you've done, just some advice/tips.

This for example, you can see the difference, yours kind of blows the flame in a very speicifc direction, where as the kit on this will be more lighter based no doubt.

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

Ah yes I see the difference I need to make it more scale that's the new agenda cheers buddy for the input thanks for the response buddy :)

Rc bashing is a dying activity ..... Il bash an rc until the pinion gear becomes my last wheel :)

Lmfao that's the point of it being budget lol when the epic fail happens , camera will be rolling :) , I just worry when I bash, it will hit a corner and break out in a ball of awesomeness p.s carpet Hellllllll no lollll cheers buds

Rc bashing is a dying activity ..... Il bash an rc until the pinion gear becomes my last wheel :)

Here is a few piks that I did over the weekend 7atapyjy.jpgugy8edys.jpgzyvesepy.jpgahaparaj.jpgjazutehe.jpgabe6e7yb.jpgsu7evaze.jpg5a7y2uqa.jpg Running video will be up soon still need to apply light kits Rc bashing is a dying activity ..... Il bash an rc until the pinion gear becomes my last wheel :)

Edited by RCTROJAN

Lolllll nuts ain't it going to go to a track at night , make a fast and furious clip for YouTube , might take it down ace cafe on jap night lmfao , also might recruit some other rc drifters in London to help with the awesomeness

• 1 month later...

Made one of these a few years ago to go on my yoko drifter, unfortunately i made it out of stuff i had lying about. 

EFE1F05B-9137-496B-86C7-BE6879787010-177

Stuck out in the perfect place on the shell and cost me next to nothing. Just wired to a y-harness on the throttle so as you hit full throttle it would click the lighter and pop all the gas in the tube. 

• Like 1