• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Guy, NEED HELP!

lewlew

Hello everyone, i have not long bought an ftx vantage and i am coming across problems that i dont know how to fix..

i was driving the car and hit a curb, the car then cut out. i turned it all off and back on again to try and solve the issue however when the car comes back on there is no steering?! i dont know what to do to fix it!

i know the steering works because i can change the trim with the remote and it moves, but it just doesnt turn when i try to... i really need help with this!

please let me know, thanks!!!

Maybe the servo is damaged,try swapping to the throttle servo on the stearing channel,& see if it works ok,if so prob your servo for stearing had it.

Goldman :030::fish:

A dead steering servo is likely...welcome to the world of hard knocks and financial outlay!

If the servo functions when tested, time to check all front end components - could be a bent tie rod or steering Ackerman arm...

No biggie, it happens.... I managed to kill two fifth scale servos in two consecutive bashes...lol

I would hesitate replacing like for like if the servo has expired, as there are plenty of better quality, budget servos for a similar price...just check out MS website and see the goodies... :)

I had the same issue with my Hyper exactly the same with the trim working but not the steering but mine had not had a bash....I had just changed the battery tray...found out I had a dodgy on off switch, changed it and mine worked fine again after that...not saying that's your issue I am certainly no pro just a newbie but it worked for me....my moto "start at the cheapest parts first" :-)

Edited by HyperNoob

Same thing happened to me (im sure for many reasons it can happen) but my issue was a dodgy receiver it allowed me to trim it and stuff but nothing from steering inputs.

Best test as above change a servo or remove the servo horn and turn the wheels left and right and feel for binding in the steering mech. If thats all smooth try another servo just plugged into the receiver no need to install to car for bench test. 

Most likly youve stripped a gear from the impact are vantage servo savers known to be good. 

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! i have put the new servo in the car and i am still having the same problems as i was before !

the servo will only steer if i change the trim on the controller not with the actually steering wheel. i really dont know what else i can do, i tried changing the ports that it went into but they do the same things too. 

any ideas as to what i can try next to solve my issues ?

cheers :)

I'm guessing it all turns ok once Un-buckled from the servo? + you have new servo, No bad thing as there better than stock and now you have a spare. Power supply presumably is good. So if all your tx duel rates and trim settings etc are good, than it can only be your rx giving you issues.

If you have another tx/rx that works. Swap them over and see what happens.

Edit...sorry reading back through it looks like you don't have spare tx/rx. I must have been remembering a different thread. What tx/rx do you have?

Edited by barnestah

• 4 weeks later...

i really have no idea about 'end points' im on the verge of just selling it if im honest!

i just dont know what im doing here

Post a pic of you transmitter. Then we can guide you dude [emoji109]

Sent from my HTC one using my thumbs

• 1 month later...