• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New touring car

Ian S

Xray T4 '14.

I have really enjoyed building my T4 '13 car, provided it is built and looked after as per the manual you will have no problem with it.

Very tough cars and rarely loose their race pace setup, even if hit hard.

The only upgrade I suggest is the carbon bumper brace if it doesn't come with the kit.

That's the problem to much choice so need a bit guidance

Well the cars have plateaued a touch so really its down to what features you like on what chassis over the other, all will perform brilliantly.

the only car that is exception to this, is the awesomatix. 

so best thing to do is get a spec list of all the chassis you are interested in, see what you like over one the other n what colour anodising you like best.

for example what i like about  the durango over the yokomo is the fact you can change the rear toe angle by using inserts that are included in box instead of having to buy rear toe susp blocks like on the yokomo. 

Go with whatever is popular where you are going to race it.  Even with the best of the best chassis it helps to have people around who have already figured out the set up for your track and who can help with advice and parts.

• Like 1

For me it would be the mi5, their parts support is amazing, always dispatch same day on a next day service if in stock.

Only thing putting me off getting one now is that I recon there will be a refresh of the mi5 in may as they seem to release a new chassis every may.

I'd go with either the T4 or Mi5.  I'd lean towards the T4 since I had such a good experience with mine and xray products in general.  Whenever possible I suggest people start with an xray because of how nice and easy they are to build, all the hints and tips in the manual, the support from the RC community and because they tend to run very well with kit settings out the box or just a few small tweaks.

• Like 1

I race at an indoor club with wooden boards and fire hoses as track markers.

The Xray holds up much better than the Schumacher cars when crashed.

I would suggest you have a look at an Xray T3/T4 T14.  The build quality is second to none, it's very difficult to break one lol.

I stripped a few spur gears on mine but only because 2 screws has come out (I didn't use Loctite!).

When you are racing hard and make a small mistake, the last thing you need is a tweaked car or a broken one.  99.9% of the time, the Xray will keep on going.

They are expensive, but you get what you pay for - a car that will very rarely let you down and the build quality lets you focus more on your racing, once the car is setup.