• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Guess what happen to this Savage?

rushboy2004

Thanks for your kind words this is the third lot of depression I have had, I am 64 now I don`t see myself going back to work now. Having my cars and this forum certainly helps. :thumbsup:

You're very welcome Ian. This forum is a large part of my social life atm, there are some good peeps here. I know what you mean about the cars, there is something very theraputic about solving a problem and seeing your car blatting along doing crazy stuff. Always makes me smile :thumbsup:  

Yeah that happened to me with this one I am of work with depression and this has helped me though

I know what its like mate, i got into RC myself to keep me busy when i came out of hospital, already had a history of depression but also now have PTSD etc so i know what its like

Thanks for all your kind words it does make me feel better and not so alone.

Took this savage for a little run (Sorry no pictures or video forgot camera Doh!!) took a LOT of tuning but O/K now. Clutch is sadly lacking in bite could be the way it was stored anyway it`s the old two black shoe type so will be updating to a sliding shoe type. As long as you Guys are interested I will keep on updating this thread BUT if you get pi+++d of please let me know and I will stop.  :thumbsup: 

You have done brilliantly dude. Seriously please keep updating the thread this savage truly has gone from rags to riches :)

Also on a side note, tricky it appears your BMW is attempting to be a Subaru.

Edited by Feedtheinferno

What do you suggest ?? :mf_laughbounce:

How about a 1979 "Mardave Turbo Capri"? LINK :lol:

Also on a side note, tricky it appears your BMW is attempting to be a Subaru.

lol! I know the gold alloys are a bit brave with blue but I like it! lol  :tease:

Edited by TrickyTris

Its a great result mate im now a savage owner too but it needs less work I do need a tire foam or 2 tho and some 17mm hexs hopfully some buggy style ones as I read thd flange nut set up can strip thr wheel hexs. Ill be watching for some tips to do on mine.

What oils did you use in the diffs and shocks?

Its a great result mate im now a savage owner too but it needs less work I do need a tire foam or 2 tho and some 17mm hexs hopfully some buggy style ones as I read thd flange nut set up can strip thr wheel hexs. Ill be watching for some tips to do on mine.

What oils did you use in the diffs and shocks?

Shocks I`ve had hanging around for a while so I would be open to suggestion on oil as well.

Diffs I have always used grease with no problem.

MASSIVE APPLAUSE

Well done mate, superb job. Been great seeing the progress in this thread. Keep posting updates!

Sorry to hear about your problems but glad the RC hobby is therapeutic for you.

Ha! No way! Those look top notch as well! Fair play mate! :)

It's difficult to think of something that's a bit different... You sticking with 4 wheel RC's only? Plenty of planes out there.. lol  :whistling:

Ha! No way! Those look top notch as well! Fair play mate! :)

It's difficult to think of something that's a bit different... You sticking with 4 wheel RC's only? Plenty of planes out there.. lol  :whistling:

Ha!  Tried helicopters loved building them could not fly them to save my life :xd:

I think the best builders car has an axial scx10 for cheap route or the big bucks rc4wd stuff. Ide rather get an scx10 tho ide like a zombie hunter truck lol. Beat up an action man head and chain it the the rear axle paint on blood splat where you'd normally have mud splat mayb make a .50 cal turret for the roof like hummvee's have.

But also have a tube body with panels to have a mad maxx theme too or something plus a nice scale normal truck shell.

Trouble is I know I wouldnt use it so holding off and hoping a use comes up in the future once im driving and can go to meets.

Right now tho im happy with my revo and two savages altho the .25 will be a beater truck with only upgraded wheels and servos mayb

It has the hpi ribbed pipe tho which I read is good but I dont like the purple colour I wish it was hpi orange.

Thinking about it I have got all the bits for another project. One I started a while ago and put away and forgot about.

Turning a Kyosho alpha nitro into a Reliant Robin 3 wheeler. :yes: 

• Like 3