• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RCMax 70CC Baja Engine

maesterio

My 38 should be here tomorrow and thats going in a baja so i'll let you know what i think of mine when i've run it for a bit

Mate be sure to put up some good video's of that engine, I am interested in it as well & just seem's in budget with the right amount of CC's :P

My 38 should be here tomorrow and thats going in a baja so i'll let you know what i think of mine when i've run it for a bit

middle one Posted Image

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mate be sure to put up some good video's of that engine, I am interested in it as well & just seem's in budget with the right amount of CC's :P

Looks to be excellent value to me thats why i bought it. Saw the Scott Finlay 40 at last years bashfest, it wheelied as it overtook me and made me want one but you can get 2 obr 38s for the same money so my order went in for my first one straight away

you never know, by next year there might even be a few other bigbores out there.

the obr 38/40 and rc40 evo both have tons of power and obviously more drivable.

if the obr is going to be as good as the others they worked their magiic on then it should be a blast, havent seen much video but looks like it has plenty of power and rpms from the dyno.

ive seen videos of the rc40 in bajas and its mental. that engine looks bang on. has some power of the bigger motors and rpms and , power delivery of tuned smaller engines. I reckon the 38/46cc engines will be more popular then 50/70s.

on another note ive been looking forward to seeing video of the 10 hp obr.am I right to say on paper i it has about the same amount of power as the rc40?

pbanks21 youtube, 4 videos of the obr 38.got some wot runs.

seems ok but would love to see /use one in person to see how much stronger it is to the 30.5 pro mod, fm etc.

for the price you certainly cant grumble .other side is reliability, see how these heads hold up.

yh I agree, more videos from customers, I rarely go on sand either..

I guess the pipe combo will be a factor,I bet most people will run some sort of existing viictory or dom pipe. I bet it would still have good bottom and top with 20/54 gears..

how much is the 38 anyway to your door(about 500 squid)) ? do you get everything except a pipe?

cheers.

Edited by marder 78

pbanks21 youtube, 4 videos of the obr 38.got some wot runs.

seems ok but would love to see /use one in person to see how much stronger it is to the 30.5 pro mod, fm etc.

for the price you certainly cant grumble .other side is reliability, see how these heads hold up.

yh I agree, more videos from customers, I rarely go on sand either..

I guess the pipe combo will be a factor,I bet most people will run some sort of existing viictory or dom pipe. I bet it would still have good bottom and top with 20/54 gears..

how much is the 38 anyway to your door(about 500 squid)) ? do you get everything except a pipe?

cheers.

Prices are up on sonics obr site, if you are running your own pipe you will need a header but i've gone for one of the new big bores

Parcel arrived this morning with my 38cc widowmaker and big bore pipe, araldite is drying on the mesh mod now. I'll take it home tonight and try and get it fitted in my truck ready to run the weekend

Parcel arrived this morning with my 38cc widowmaker and big bore pipe, araldite is drying on the mesh mod now. I'll take it home tonight and try and get it fitted in my truck ready to run the weekend

Bet your boss loves u lol...

I'll probably get shouted at now because I don't 'own one' but those videos of that Jato Mike don't look particularly impressive :/

Yeah he has changed his gearing from 19/55 to 22/52 like anything all about the set up

well it looks like what a 38 cc should look like to me, 8cc more then a 30.5.

I think it goes' good', once people start getting gear set up etc im sure it will look more impressive. remember the obr is about more power with better drivability, just what your looking for lol.it bridges the gap between the 30.5 to 50cc engines.

I dont think anyone can shout at you for saying it doesnt look impressive on a video, thats just your opinion after seeing it.if you was to say it was a waste and not worth it then we can shout at you lol.dont make your mind up by one vid.

one thing you got to remember, the price..480 sounds fair and just abit more when a 30.5 fmlr, if your in for a motor around 500 squid then it looks great!!

as sonic says, set up.im sure youll see yhis motor rippin it up once a few of the u.k guys get them :)

Edited by marder 78