• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lipo ?

jasonr1

They are lighter than a nimh battery for starters, and a fully charged 2S lipo will give you 8.4v which is more than a fully charged nimh pack. they last longer because a Lipo doesn't loose it's power as you run the battery down, it stays consistent until the battery hits a certain level and then drops off. A nimh battery has a consistently less power as you run it down, so a Lipo gives you a longer and better power/run time. Also Lipos can come off a buggy/truck and be put right back on a charger so you can run again sooner, nimhs get hot and need a rest after being run.

• Give longer run times
  • Make your car faster
  • Your car won't gradually get slower throughout the run, it should stay just as fast as when the battery is full.
  • Hold their charge when not in use better than Nimhs

I think that covers it but I'm sure someone will add some more.

Should do. Mine makes a really annoying jingly beeping noise and flashes "FULL" in the corner of the screen. It then just sits there until I turn it off. Even with the most basic chargers there should be no danger of over-charging.