• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

• 1 month later...

My essential list in order. #1Diff. #2 Rear tyres (proline badlands). #3 Hardened steal gear (the one after the pinion).

Only a crazy person would disagree with my #1. Read back through the thread to Tugs notes on the diff, but basically buy a CEN diff, mod it and it fits and lasts foreverever, they can take a while to source so get that on order now.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you know what the weak point is in the diff? Would shimming help and making pins from drill bits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory is that the plastic housing causes too much flex and movement in holding everything together, causing a lot of mush with the 4x tiny gears inside the diff. The Cen diff is a one time fix, haven't heard of any fails, I've already forgotten about the import duty I had to pay on it, at the time I wasn't too impressed.

• Like 1

My theory is that the plastic housing causes too much flex and movement in holding everything together, causing a lot of mush with the 4x tiny gears inside the diff. The Cen diff is a one time fix, haven't heard of any fails, I've already forgotten about the import duty I had to pay on it, at the time I wasn't too impressed.

Ok thanks I am over in USA in October for work so might pick one up while I am there

• 3 months later...

Thinking of selling mine never got round to running it yet. That's really bad two years and it's still in the box the laziness. Wanted the diff upgrade sorted before I ran it. But don't have the skill set to do it. 

What price do you think it would go for never been run. 

4 hours ago, Duo said:

Thinking of selling mine never got round to running it yet. That's really bad two years and it's still in the box the laziness. Wanted the diff upgrade sorted before I ran it. But don't have the skill set to do it. 

What price do you think it would go for never been run. 

Tug knows a guy who can do the diffs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

Has been a while since I've shown my face here, still have my BXXLVE and thinking of bringing it down from the loft for a spin once the weather warms up.

I remember that one of my beadlock hex's is split and I'm thinking of splashing out on some quality ones. Was hoping to get some input from you guys. Any suggestions are appreciated as always....

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question the diff mod used a diff from the cen collosus can't find that part online anymore.  But the diff for cen Reaper is now out and looks similar is this same diff used for collosus . 

Quick question the diff mod used a diff from the cen collosus can't find that part online anymore.  But the diff for cen Reaper is now out and looks similar is this same diff used for collosus . 

It's highly possible there's a CEN colossus group on Facebook not sure if you can ask on there. Dan Ransom is your man [emoji1303]