• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

Sorry, not got any of those.

8s? I think that might be pushing it.

Had a full run with it last night, I'm really starting to enjoy this car. You have to drive it like a Baja, a large 2wd. Give it plenty of braking room, with no front wheel braking, once the nose drops and the tail lifts, the braking efficiency drops off. Handling is good, just needs a bit more tweaking.

GPSd her last night on 6s, exactly 40mph. That's fine for her size, especially with no heat issues. I reckon there's definitely room to gear up, but why bother? She's spot on as she is.

I'll try to get some 6s video ASAP.

Latazz.

Took her out again last night, great Lil bash. Temps are all OK, speed is spot on.

I changed the diff oil from 3k to 15k. This has helped reduce the unloading to the inside wheel in turns. Handling has improved, but still a challenge to drive. That doesn't mean it's annoying, far from it, just get her above 10mph before you open the taps, then she's off like a scalded cat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread. Just bought a 2nd hand nitro which I am going to switch to leccy, any tips on motor or esc, looking to run 4/5, thanks

Not sure what the layout is on the nitro platform, but I'm using an 1800kv motor and stock gearing, 14/57, on 6s. This works faultlessly with the leccy gearbox.

For 4s and 5s I'd look at a finned can 2200kv. 4s is reasonable, but this car really needs higher voltage for proper performance.

Hi Tug, thanks for the reply.

As you probably know it comes in kit form with both versions included in separate  bags, I  should be a be able to take all the  nitro and put leccy in. The chassis is pre drilled for both.

Your using 6, how does she hold up? I read you had some diff issues, did you solve that?

Any suggestions on esc? 6 sounds good that might be an option in the future.

Thanks for the info

ok, I have some tyres from my mt4, will try those for the time being. Read a lot on this thread about staying off road, seems like a plan,

I was looking at some thing like this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Model-XERUN-Sensored-4274SD-1800KV-Motor-150A-ESC-LCD-Card-Combo-ME231-/261552380255?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3ce5bc995f

I've not tried proper Road tyres, but it just didn't seem to good on road. I'll borrow some at some point and see.

That is the combo in my ERBE, great kit. Start at 3.4 volts per cell, if it cuts early, lower it. I've got two Xerun ESCs and they're both set to 3.0 volts per cell to achieve a perfect 3.4 volt cut-off.

ah ok, that is great news, will get one.

I was hoping it would arrive this morning but I guess I have to wait till next week. Has anyone tried  Nanda blocks (1/8 buggy) on the front? Do you think the rear shocks are acceptable? How about the shock towers?

Not had a problem with the shocks or towers. Only crashes mine's had were minor to medium on the "Tuggers-scale", that's trademarked BTW! ;)

Nandas are an option, but might look small.

Mine probably won't see much action for the rest of this year, I'm a fair weather basher, so I'll spend most of the winter tinkering in the loft.

I've seen some good vids of people using paddles in sand and snow, looks fun, but don't like exposing them to that kind of terrain.

I have a section of my property which  I planning on making a circuit on, sadly it's too small for my badger (without a reverse), the beach is only a few minutes away but  can't decide about sand though

mine  look really weak. Maybe the previous owner has left it sitting on its wheels with a full tank for to long or maybe I just need to change the oil, incidentally my hong nor big bores (off my mt4) fit.