• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

km baja 1000

nigel63

hi, could you people that know alot more than me about these 5th scales take a look at this and give me an idea as to value for money,i quite fancy it but not sure if i should by  a new one or this one at slightly lower price than the buy it now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221371862025?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by nigel63

Seems alright to me, although that air filter has to go. Stock is much better..

Seller seems to be honest about certain things... so maybe theres no lies? Definitely go and have a look if your close and get him to start it up. I wonder why the gaskets have been changed.. he say's tuned but does he mean ported?

I'd also take that transmitter hes got if you don't have one, they're a decent cheap 2.4ghz system.

I'm unsure what he means by "upgraded to a tuned exhaust"... The clone Dom that comes with KM Bajas is a lot better than the SS pipe that's on it now.

That bit confused me when I saw the ad last night, couple that with the crap air filter and split tyre, I'd say avoid personally, obviously someone who isn't particularly clued up on large scale RCs or 2 strokes.

If you can't get for it to see it running etc... I personally wouldn't buy it.

Which is saying something considering the previous garbage I've been lumbered with! :lol:

• Like 2

thanks chaps for your replies,i ve decided to take your advise and not bother with it,i just fancied one to sit alongside my ss,thinking bout it a new one would be a better purchase for not a lot more.  thanks again     :thumbsup:

I'm unsure what he means by "upgraded to a tuned exhaust"... The clone Dom that comes with KM Bajas is a lot better than the SS pipe that's on it now.

That bit confused me when I saw the ad last night, couple that with the crap air filter and split tyre, I'd say avoid personally, obviously someone who isn't particularly clued up on large scale RCs or 2 strokes.

If you can't get for it to see it running etc... I personally wouldn't buy it.

Which is saying something considering the previous garbage I've been lumbered with! :lol:

T1000 doesn't ship with a clone dom, a mate bought one about a month ago from rcmodelz and it came with a Ghost pipe.

I knew I'd got that arse about face, I was thinking of the Dragon :P

That makes even less sense then why he would change the SS pipe for an SS pipe :lol: !

Definitely one to avoid if it was my money like.

i've been looking at the clone stuff recently, only reason i knew it.

Here are some pipes... And this is where I got my VRC clone.

A careful eye will notice it's no longer there... I called my supplier and he told me the VRC clone has been discontinued!!! Buy it while you still can!

Has anyone tried the Uber Predator or KM Dragon pipes? Just wondering how they perform and sound?

(Sorry for the hijack OP)

James

I've used the Uber... Overall I'd say not as powerful as Dominator, definitely not as powerful as the Dominator clone.

Not used the Predator clone I'm afraid, as the Predator was never a particularly popular pipe it seems.

Oh and as for sound, I really liked the Predator, unlike the Dominator/clone, I think it sounds like a proper tuned pipe.

Yet seems on the face of it to put out less power.

Personally I couldn't go back to a rear pipe now... Not now I know how much top end a side pipe really adds... I know I changed my gearing too, but just the noise of the thing has got me hooked.

Edited by Oh How Original

I've used the Uber... Overall I'd say not as powerful as Dominator, definitely not as powerful as the Dominator clone.Not used the Predator clone I'm afraid, as the Predator was never a particularly popular pipe it seems.Oh and as for sound, I really liked the Predator, unlike the Dominator/clone, I think it sounds like a proper tuned pipe.Yet seems on the face of it to put out less power.Personally I couldn't go back to a rear pipe now... Not now I know how much top end a side pipe really adds... I know I changed my gearing too, but just the noise of the thing has got me hooked.

Thanks for that OHO, was that the V1 predator you ran? The V2 Predator graph shows it's asking a lot more power than the V1 and Dominator?

Not sure a side pipe will work for me tbh as most of my running will be in woods/abandoned 1/1 off road course that will need lots of short snappy blasts of power and a shed load of torque!

Do like the new genuine Uber looks lovely!

James