• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Field of Dreams

Enid_Puceflange

Hi folks, a quick introduction from me. A few points I would like to raise & then I will be on my way....

Unfortunately I will not be commiting myself to this project. A closed door policy will not make this time, nor cost effective to me.  I wish you guys every bit of luck going getting this off the ground though.

• Like 1

Here is robert's view on painting the pallets.

" My garden fences are made with pallet wood, and it took 4 coats to paint them. Also it does not make much difference on rot prevention due to the typical weather we have. In my personal opinion its going to take too long and too muvh paint to treat every single pallet for not much of a reward"

Here is robert's view on painting the pallets.

" My garden fences are made with pallet wood, and it took 4 coats to paint them. Also it does not make much difference on rot prevention due to the typical weather we have. In my personal opinion its going to take too long and too muvh paint to treat every single pallet for not much of a reward"

To be fair, he's pretty realistic,

We had used pallets to build forts and huts on numerous paintball sites,

within a couple of years the pallet wood was sodden / rotten and was only good to be burned

I would be surprised if we got a season out of a structure we are planning on standing on thats made outta pallets

IMO we should re-discuss the closed doors thing at some point. After chatting with Neil I am not sure if it's the right thing to do.

Also we should perhaps look into getting AstroTurf for the jumps, maybe not the whole track.

Well i think we should concentrate on getting the track finished first. I dont think we have enough pallets anyway.

Main objective for weekend will be:

1 Track

2 Gate

3 Parking area and entrance.

Then we can discuss about what alternatives are available apart from pallets.

What do you guys think?

Closed door policy has been agreed by majority. We also explained why. The more people we let in the more noise is gona cause, which means risk.

we never intended for this to go into a lucrative business side of things anyway

Yes ross, rusty can get a start with what we got obviously. a provisional one is always better than none lol.

what i meant was if russel can get it sorted with 1 helper, and the rest concentrate on the track.

Agreed lads,

Its more important to get the majority of the track built , corners & jumps etc

The viewing gallery is also a major part of our needs

Quite like the idea of Astroturf or similar (carpet??) for the jumps as it looks like that stops the jumps from being miss-shapen from the constant abuse  :thumbsup:

Oh, I'm using my Mrs's new iMac and can post smileys with this thang!  :yes:

G