• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Site In St Helens

Stoka

Been bashing here for a couple of weeks now after a tip off from another local lad and so far it's been GREAT. Plenty of hills and a few jumps built by the local kids to throw the cars over. The main plus is that it's pretty sandy over there and despite all the rain we've had it's still been bone dry. Usable space is roughly 200m x 80m. It's a bit stoney in places but that'll soon be sorted this weekend. Anyone that's been to 3 Sisters will be pleased to know it's nice and flat over here. 

Plenty of parking a short 2/3min walk (albeit up a hill) and you're there. 

Pics are a bit rubbish so will try to get some new ones this weekend.

The factory on the site has now gone so it's a vast open space.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/place/Morris+St/@53.4419722,-2.7075681,550m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x487b1ca1f509057b:0x7cddab8ee5c419aa

1618600_650316108369313_1212522971_n_zps

PAno_zpsfa817c75.jpg

Edited by Stoka

We popped up there last Sunday I had the baja and the trophy flux my mate had his baja did 2 spur gears in 10 mins lol

I didn't realize you were on here pal! If you hadn't guessed I'm the one who's Baja just 'sits' there, although it did go home in two different sized pieces, as did the Hyper!

• Like 2

lol what happened they were still running when we left defo a good bash spot

Hit a bump full chat, threw it up a good 5ft arse over tit. Broke a wheel nut off, shattered a drive pin & ruined a darksoul rear extender :(

Looks interesting but is it easy to get into? A quick look on street view (yeah - I know it's most likely out of date!) shows it's fenced all the way around... Don't know the area myself but a mate lives nearby in Newton-le-Willows so may pay a visit.

Would be good to take my 5t for a bash. Not really run it that much, especially on vast open ground such as this...

Edited by Sibobbler

Yeah you can get past the fence now. There's two places to park up, one that leads you on a 5min walk across the site or the other where you climb a big dirt mound and you're there. 

Had at least 16 of us there last weekend, mostly with 5th scales, was a good day out!

Had another few hours here today, perfect weather for it too. We've started re-vamping the jumps, they were too narrow so we've began widening them so they're more car friendly. 

Next week we need to dig a drainage ditch to get rid of the puddle at the far end of the site but other than that, it's a belting bashing spot. They were originally building houses on the land until the market crashed. Luckily they'd already laid drains for the first lot of houses before they left it so believe me when I say this place stays DRY no matter what rain we've had. It'd been raining practically all week here and the majority of the site was dusty!

If anyone fancies coming down for a gander let me know. 

Had another few hours here today, perfect weather for it too. We've started re-vamping the jumps, they were too narrow so we've began widening them so they're more car friendly.

Next week we need to dig a drainage ditch to get rid of the puddle at the far end of the site but other than that, it's a belting bashing spot. They were originally building houses on the land until the market crashed. Luckily they'd already laid drains for the first lot of houses before they left it so believe me when I say this place stays DRY no matter what rain we've had. It'd been raining practically all week here and the majority of the site was dusty!

If anyone fancies coming down for a gander let me know.

well I'm deffo gonna pop over for a look

Popped over yesterday for a look at the site, 3 lads over there with baja's. It looks like a great site but not sure how long the residents in the nearby houses will put up with the noise and the fact you have to park by them only adds up to damaged 1/1 cars. A real shame cos it looked great.

Edited by the bull

One of those may have been me, Bull.

Had a bit of an issue there today with noise but understandable with 30+ people mainly running 1/5 scale. Got contact details for the land owner now though. The locals in the pub behind loved it though, even offered to open early for us in future lol. 

One of those may have been me, Bull.

Had a bit of an issue there today with noise but understandable with 30+ people mainly running 1/5 scale. Got contact details for the land owner now though. The locals in the pub behind loved it though, even offered to open early for us in future lol.

really hope so cos it was a good site is that street the only parking area or do you park some where else I was going to climb the bank to say hello but I had walked all over that area looking for the track and both the dog and my lad was wanting home. Edited by the bull

With this hobby seemingly getting so popular the local councils should start building RC tracks. Keep the kids of the streets. Don't know how many times I've had gangs of kids watching us for hours and not causing hassle to people and damage to property

• Like 2

With this hobby seemingly getting so popular the local councils should start building RC tracks. Keep the kids of the streets. Don't know how many times I've had gangs of kids watching us for hours and not causing hassle to people and damage to property

esp when they move people on for noise/ safety lol / some people not liking them lmao that does look a good place might have to have a pop over soon once it gets warmer

• Like 1

• 5 years later...