• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

E2E2DE46-007D-4929-BBCD-3371D122AE70_zps

My new toys. Istick 50w and an orchid v6.just waiting on some kanthal now for the orchid.

Forgot to mention, display also shows the voltage. More interesting is the 1900mAh battery, it's a LiPo. Should be interesting to see how the lower Ah LiPo lasts compared to the higher Ah MVP30.

That's a nice lookin tank Hyoer. :)

Edited by Philxj4L

It's my first rba and seen it cheap on eBay so thought I'd give it a go,next for me will be an aerotank turbo.

What type of batteries are in the mvp's?

I'll start this by sayin I typed the most of this up this afternoon, before my hands lost the ability to type, then just added what covered the evening.

I reached for the ESP around 6 last night, the usual time my hands go to poo, and have been using it all of today. I've run about 3 1/2 - 4 sub tanks of different juices through, Cosmic fog shocker, The Vial plantains de br

Edited by Philxj4L

The more I think on the 'glitchy' issue, the more I'm inclined to point the finger at a display issue over a faulty/failed adjuster. I moved the adjuster what would have been about 3w, then stopped moving it when I seen the display wasn't changing. The display then hopped to 12w, like the display had 'froze' then cleared. I'm fairly sure if you could switch the box off instead of just locking it, it would clear any issues like this. The old faithful 'switch it off and on again' fix. :)

Interesting read that phil. I really like my mvp, but the switch does let it down as it is way to stiff and just doesn't feel very nice. I must admit I do like the look of that esp, I am a sucker for carbon fibre as well though!

Well my delve into the world of rba's isn't going as well as I'd hoped lol.i decided to buy the orchid and grabbed some 24 gauge wire and made two coils at .8 to make a .4 build. Wicked it,filled the tank half full, started vaping and it all came out the air holes and went everywhere!!!so re wicked it,properly, but vapour and flavour wasn't great and it made me cough like hell so decided to buy a different gauge and aim for a higher resistance.

I'm now running 28 gauge at .9 but IMO my evo2 with unicoil (1.7) offers way better flavour and vape but I'm now at a loss as to how to improve it.rewick with looser cotton,tighter cotton? I don't know!?!? Lol.

On the upside the I stick 50w is great,comfortable to hold and has only just ran out of juice and have been using it since midday Thursday.

Nice. :) I've fancied tryin a dripper for a while now, but couldn't build a decent coil on one. Lol

its easier than you think to build a coil i just watched some vids on youtube bought the wire i wanted and off i went buuilding my own coils plus its cheaper than buying pre made coils in the end considering some 5 packs are about

Few years back, I'm sure I could have knocked coils out in my sleep. I made springs, and gawd knows what, that fitted in folks mouths. (Made orthodontic apliances in a dental lab) now, it's like tryin to work with 2 bunches of bananas on the end of yer hands ! Lol.

Maybe some day I'll be feeling heroic and have a stab at it. :D

Aspire ESP30w update.

I've been using this daily for a couple of weeks now, it's my 'go to' mod come 5-6pm to around 11.30-12. No mater how bad my hands have been, I can use this single handed, so a definite win on that front for me. Using a subtank mini @18-22w and a few tanks with the Atlantis @28-30w (sub ohm coil) I can get 2 nights use between charges comfortably. Using the Atlantis most of the night will bring a full charge down by just over 2/3. For me, that means a charge the next morning, or using the 'pass through' vape while charging ability (MVP20 & 30w allow this too.) but TBH, I'm not a fan of that, I prefer to let any batteries to have a 'clean' charge cycle. I'm pretty sure that's just me bein a bit anal ! :)

So, the part most people will be interested in, problems ! I was getting slightly concerned after the glitchy episode when I first used it, so I done something I don't normally bother with, the scratch code check, and I had got the ESP from Amazon @

Sorry, completely forgot !

Must write this **** down if/when it happens.

Last week, the ESP had a case of dishonesty. I was switching a tank from the MVP30 the the ESP for the evening. When I screwed the tank on, 'check atomiser' showed on the screen, I reached for my other subtank, same thing, and the same again with the Atlantis. They all worked fine on the MVP. At this point, the screen stopped working.(*)

I then plugged the charge lead in, charge light was red. The low voltage cut off had completely shut it down. ( nice to know this works) The check atomiser warning should have said 'check battery.

It hasn't done this again, and does show check battery when it needs charged.

A further small point, the fire/charge light is blue when firing, red when it need charged, and green when charged, the instructions (and Aspires own web site) say when the light turns green it's fully charged. When I first charged mine, I checked about a half hour after the light turned green, the battery indicator was still at its lowest point. This doesn't change until the battery has been 'unlocked' again. When I done this, it wasn't fully charged. I discovered, like the MVPs, the green charge light turns off when it's fully charged, (a couple of hours after the indicator changed from red to green) oddly, only when I use my iPad mini charge socket.

This light that is actually quite informative, has been helpfully placed on the base of the battery, just where you can't actually see it when in use.

(*) I was feeling gutted at this point, I thought it had taken a dump and failed totally. I wasn't concerned about any problems getting it replaced, more the time I'd be without it while it was being replaced. IF the indicator light had been sited where it could be seen when in use this minor panic would have avoided.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if i put 2 0.5 ohm coils on my rda with a cherry bomber mechanical mod, would it be safe? 

you would be better of staying around the 0.5 ohm range with that mod and use some good battery`s aswell.

got a newish mod done a deal with a guy on a forum for my orange box mod for his mvp3 its soo bloody good not to have to charge batterys everyday for my other mods oh and ai built myslef a squonk box aswell using the smokeless owl tank for now as i need a new bottom fed centre pin for my derringer to make it a bf tank and the only place i can find with it is out of stock right now no pics of mvp 3 as you`ve all seen one 

WP_20150606_001_zpskovtdvro.jpg

WP_20150606_004_zpsmmqkgrw1.jpg

• Like 1