• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Feedtheinferno's Losi 5ive - Melty connections hmmm?

Feedtheinferno

There not the greatest but here are some pics. (Hope it's ok to post these in your thread FTI)

Crap still collects at the rear of truck. But it's a lot better with it than with out it.

Perfectly fine bud :) Thank you very much for a better idea of how well it would be protected.

I have given it some thought and will be going for it at the end of this month, fingers crossed it will go with the other bits of the cage nicely and not look too unusual :)

Looks good, what I want to know is where do people find these things for sale, I for sure cannot find any

A friend of mine wanted to sell his and nicely of him he remembered I was looking for one and the rest is history.

Since I am now waiting on some bits I thought I would use up some of the red carbon sticker that the previous owner gave me, along with trying to put some fun little touches to the smaller panels on the shell to try and change it up bit. 

I will get some pictures up soon.

After a few failed attempts at the smaller panels with some strange stickers I have. I have got some mammoth aluminium tape from work and will be trying to make them look a nice chrome. So essentially it will be red on the larger panels and chrome on the smaller.

That then mixed on some new V3 red beadlocks for the wheels and the chrome wheel nuts I think it will go together nicely.

There not the greatest but here are some pics. (Hope it's ok to post these in your thread FTI)

Crap still collects at the rear of truck. But it's a lot better with it than with out it.

Just out of interest dude, when it get's that muddy. What's your method for cleaning it (taking the engine/electrics out is the obvious bit) I am more interested in if you use pressurised air or water? Or maybe neither?

Just out of interest dude, when it get's that muddy. What's your method for cleaning it (taking the engine/electrics out is the obvious bit) I am more interested in if you use pressurised air or water? Or maybe neither?

I just hosed it down with a garden hose to get the worst of it off. Then remove the front and rear end and the centre diff then hose all the bits again. Then strip them further and occasionally put them in bath depending on how dirty it all is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's that easy to strip I normally end up taking most bits of the chassi then power washing . Or wip radio tray out and power wash. It's so simple and makes cleaning so easy. Although anything is simple compared to cleaning a baja haha

OK thanks dude, don't need to clean it yet I want just wondering for when I do :)

Now in regards to this cage that I have to attempting to neaten up a touch, I got the red done last night and it does look nicer. I also took the stickers off the sides as I will be going over those with another sticker colour at some point. Haven't' decided what colour though yet.

The smaller fins will be covered in this metallic tape I have picked up and I will hopefully have the outerwear cover for it soon too :)

I know there is a lack of stickers now however that is just for the sake of changing the colour scheme up a bit.

Before

ttMBXvp.jpg

After:-

WmnPBAa.jpgxUuXVWc.jpgy0D7AkF.jpg

Just a few pictures with the smaller panels on the side tided up, man its hard to use this mammoth foil tape! :P

Did some strips on the bonnet too.....not sure if I like them yet :)

4gu7RXU.jpgkmG6hVQ.jpg

The other side with the slightly rougher panels that I haven't got round too yet.

Zw5tZEL.jpg

The other side with the foil tape.

It is EXTREMELY hard to get flat :)

1pn8ISq.jpg

Cage is as done as it will be for now until it gets tatty.

I will get some pictures up asap.

I bet you guys wonder why I never get any running videos on the thread? Well my wife work's nights and I prefer to spend time with her whilst I see her in the day and then play when I get home from dropping her off at around 5PM, the problem is in the winter and early spring that leaves me very little daylight time left in order to actually run the cars so I end up doing stuff like what I have been doing so far.

Anywayyyyy as the year progresses I will get lots of videos onto both threads :)

For now though I need to devise a way of keeping the side of the cage attached to the car, as at the moment where it looks body posts would have been before (two on each side) all can be done to secure the car is put cable ties through the holes every time the cage needs to come off, which isn't ideal.

The cage bolts onto the chassis side plates from underneath, a very annoying thing to do IMO, not easy to get it all lined up when reinstalling. You'd think Losi never had a leccy conversion in mind when they designed it...

Looking tasty indeed fella, a bit of patination on the panels adds to the look of it...it'll not stay dent free for ever...

I could have sworn I posted in here yesterday, but it's not here  :omgblinky:

Looks great dude, a big improvement already  :thumbsup:

Thanks bud

The cage bolts onto the chassis side plates from underneath, a very annoying thing to do IMO, not easy to get it all lined up when reinstalling. You'd think Losi never had a leccy conversion in mind when they designed it...

Looking tasty indeed fella, a bit of patination on the panels adds to the look of it...it'll not stay dent free for ever...

Yeah I just want to use something other than cable ties! It has been suggested I can use M5 nuts instead of forking out for the quite silly

I run a single savox set up, works well enough for bashing. I looked like at a dual set up, however, all kits are expensive, and the wiring harness for the bl set up is quite tricky. She could be a bit quicker through the corners, but for bashing, not sure it really matters.

As the mgm is OPTO (ie, has no bec) I had to fit a ubec, so never suffer from brown out etc, and the futaba Rx has been fine with the bec set at 7.4v....

I run a single savox set up, works well enough for bashing. I looked like at a dual set up, however, all kits are expensive, and the wiring harness for the bl set up is quite tricky. She could be a bit quicker through the corners, but for bashing, not sure it really matters.

As the mgm is OPTO (ie, has no bec) I had to fit a ubec, so never suffer from brown out etc, and the futaba Rx has been fine with the bec set at 7.4v....

I'm the same, not sure twin servos is worth the cost. I've just fitted a lipo and it's kicked the stock servos right up the arse ! I'm well impressed.

Playing with the brake balance and diff weights can also help it get round the bends massively !

Used to having little braking on the badgers (run 30%) on those, the 5ive is set at 80%, but the weight of her means I can off throttle, turn wheels and speed drops off quickly... The mechanical brakes would be fouled by the motor anyway....

Sorry FTI, back to your thread....