• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Pink Panther:Clone Sakura D3 CS OP build.

Yoshimoto

There are SO many esc's in hk warehouse that I am just gobsmacked & dont know what one to go for???

I was trying to look for the XERUN firmware versions?  BUT an unsure what to look for???

they have around the same Boost, & cont amps...   But are slightly different either way...

Guys I feel so Special today, Come home from work knackered after the tube strike & to my surprise there was a parcel with funny Chinese writing on nit, I just new what was inside, BUT was least expecting it, 9 days delivery Cant complain with that...

Its Amazing I Just keep on Looking at it..

Gonna share pics in a bit....

Also received Brushless Combo & Lipo Yesterday was feeling bored & soldered the lot apart from the Motor tabs...

Bodyshell, & Pinions let me down & I thought I was on top of it....

13t Pinion ordered, Hopefully that will make up for the higher 5600Kv motor....  Will also invest in some Bigger sizes... like 15t to 18t a Bit later when I have a selection of motors for this chassis...

I am stuck on ordering a Body shell, I dont know what to get that will fitt this chassis & wheels with this offset?

Love the Hpi bmw e30 m3...   Have a weakness for the Kamtech Bentley shells on ebay...  & also Love Skylines scoobys & even a Porsche...

I have seen a mazda rx8 shell, that really long & looks like it would hide the front bumper nicely, Its also painted & posted for

Edited by Diamondmaxx

Hi Collicab,

Check out the Quoted post above the price I payed, & the seller can also help you with the one way, he is the cheapest on ebay, & you would receive in around 9 days fingers crossed...

& the Quality is good...

I took everything apart last night & thread-locked it all, THink I may have gone a Bit over the top... & also done the bellcranked ball-raced steering posts, which have gone a bit stiff....

Cheers mate, I found them at

I am Sooo Fuming....

Basically long bank holiday & cant play with my latest toy, because of a single pinion gear... That has Not turnt up....  

So basically Just sat here, Looking at My pride & Joy, Without being able todo any form of Drifting Manoeuvres...

This is How Mines Looking as we speak:

Waddya think?

Still need a proper servo, 

A Bodyshell,

& a Rx For my main Tx, Used a 40mhz Just to set up shop...

x2fm.jpg

z0vj.jpg

qmttn.jpg

i94h.jpg

They do look very nice! Might have to sell some bits and buy one!

Thats exactly what I had to do when looking at this thread....

Its Not your Fault, LOL...

Theres Not many cars within this Budget range that look half as good....  & I am sure with a Proper set-up, Will Perform as good...

Good Luck..

• 3 months later...

hey guy's im new on this forum.. i own several tamiya tt-01 drift cars and i recently bought this d3 clone.. is there anything i need to know / upgrade on the car? because i tried it for 2 mins and 1 of the driveshafts already broke.. also i got some wheel wiggle when i turn at full angle.. i bought new driveshafts and fitted some heat schrink sleave on it to hold the pin in place.. hopefully it will work out now..