• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

micro rs4 parts?

raff113

i purchased a ken block rs4 christmas and within couple days the dogbone broke , aint got a clue how it just come out . why aint no one stocking these parts plus any other part for the micro rs4? spoke to local model shop and he said he will talk to hpi at the autosport show at nec and if this fails he will take one out of a car when they come back in stock ; strange

they where discontinued for some time! Now they relaunched car an limited amount of kits in uk, spares will trickle in slowly, there where tonnes of aftermarket parts available 7-10 year ago.

I did have lots spares/hop ups sold the lot over a year ago.

Edited by R46

HPI had licensing issues which delayed model launch, so they had to honour all preorders/ kits first then spares will follow. Just have to be patient

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-FRONT-UPPER-ARM-Fits-HPI-MICRO-RS4-/360692874043?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item53faf87b3b

I thought this was pretty normal for hpi when they bring something new out. The trophie truggy flux was apparently a nightmare to get parts even in usa I think here too. Kinda explains why companies prefer to update old models over build all new models. They should have 2 lines per car one for the car and one making parts. Surly the parts are all made first or they'd be no car lol. They need to plan ahead better. Traxxas doesnt struggle does it? Ive not seen any xo1 . Funny car parts issues but the cars themselves just trickle too.

• 1 month later...

Hpi have started listing discontinued parts for the micro rs4, give them a month or so and the shops should have stock.

I've seen pictures of some new bodies as well, a mustang and a subaru. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Parts are slowly getting through now.

Bought a set of drift tyres for my ken block micro rs4. Drifts so nicely.

Also now fitted with 7500kv system, but that's another story :)