• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what truggy

ive been through a few threads but still cant decided which truggy to get out of these, can some one give advice

its not really for racing, just going to the park and doing jumps, dirt tracks etc! (chasing dogs :D )

Hot-Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro RTR @£285.00

Thunder Tiger MTA-4 S28 RTR @£289.00

Traxxas REVO (Red) @£300

Hong Nor X1-CR Truggy RTR @£344.00

i really like the look of the lightning and looks a good spec for what u get for the money

any one had experiences owning two of the above models to compare them with each other?

cheers guys B)

Edited by kevlondon

welcome to the forum mate.imo the crt rtr is the best for all round i would say but then i have just got one well the crt pro anyway :D plus if you ever wanted to upgrade it there is a bigger and better choice of engine's you can get ;) the revo is a great truck too (i have two of them so they must be good :P ) but with both of them spares/hop ups are very easy and very cheap to get.the lightning is ok but when i had the lightning 2 pro parts was a pain to get and cost a lot more then the revo/crt ones do.anyway just my 50 cents worth :good:

yep, just got a revo my self and highly rate them!! i cant fault it in any way, although ive heard problems occur with the red ones :P - just kidding :) also have only heard good things about CRTs but never had the chance to drive one :( nemind, my day will come, as will many others :P never heard much of any other in your list, so cant be REALLY popular so its the decision between a CRT and a Revo IMO ;)

mate i would go FOR A HPI MT2 I JUST GOT 1 ITS GREWAT EASY TO USE!OK ITS NOT THE STRONGEST NITRO AROUND BUT HOP UPS ARE CHEAP ON EBAY AND EASY TO GET ITS ONLY 219 NEW AND IT REALLY IS BETTER THEN REVO OR RUSH TRUST ME HOPE THIS HELPS ROB :good:

1st thing the mt2 is not a truggy and 2nd there is no way its better then a revo IMO i've had both mt2's and they are ok but noware near as good as a revo ;)

have you ever had or used a hellfire if so you would know they are overpriced and weak from stock even the hellfire ss is not that good next too other truggys mate

theres only one truggy to get mate and thats the mugen mbx5t prospec, its pure quality, go on you know it makes sense

mate i would go FOR A HPI MT2 I JUST GOT 1 ITS GREWAT EASY TO USE!OK ITS NOT THE STRONGEST NITRO AROUND BUT HOP UPS ARE CHEAP ON EBAY AND EASY TO GET ITS ONLY 219 NEW AND IT REALLY IS BETTER THEN REVO OR RUSH TRUST ME HOPE THIS HELPS ROB :good:

1st thing the mt2 is not a truggy and 2nd there is no way its better then a revo IMO i've had both mt2's and they are ok but noware near as good as a revo ;)

well, what can i say... LMFAO - why why why and how the [swear word here] is it better? slower, less powerful, smaller, weaker, only good thing is its cheaper and we all know why.

no G4... its FACT lol

theres only one truggy to get mate and thats the mugen mbx5t prospec, its pure quality, go on you know it makes sense

shame you cant drive it ;)

have you ever had or used a hellfire if so you would know they are overpriced and weak from stock even the hellfire ss is not that good next too other truggys mate

oh, well sorry. I' just a beginner.

and anyway, i thought it was one of best out there.

made by HPI, right?

ok, maybe go for the CRT then, i don't know! ??? :blink:

lol

oh, well sorry. I' just a beginner.

and anyway, i thought it was one of best out there.

made by HPI, right?

ok, maybe go for the CRT then, i don't know! ??? :blink:

lol

If you don't know, don't bother posting, :blink:<_<

if you knew what you were talking about fair enough, but you don't so stop spamming

ive been through a few threads but still cant decided which truggy to get out of these, can some one give advice

its not really for racing, just going to the park and doing jumps, dirt tracks etc! (chasing dogs :D )

Hot-Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro RTR @£285.00

Thunder Tiger MTA-4 S28 RTR @£289.00

Traxxas REVO (Red) @£300

Hong Nor X1-CR Truggy RTR @£344.00

i really like the look of the lightning and looks a good spec for what u get for the money

any one had experiences owning two of the above models to compare them with each other?

cheers guys B)

Well just to clear a few points up, the Revo is a small block monster truck and MTA-4 is a big block monster truck...

The X1CRT is pretty highly regarded as one of the best out now, but there are others such as the Kyosho Inferno, Thunder Tiger ST-1, Team Losi's Muggy, the Sportwerks Mayhem, the XTM Mammoth ST, and of course the good ol' Hotbodies Lightning Stadium...

It all depends on how much your willing to throw away... err... I mean "invest" ;) and how seriously your planning to race...

Personally I'd go for the lightning stadium, plenty of spares around and easily competative with the rest... Or the Losi 'Muggy' to be different from the rest :D

don't worry about it mate a lot of people think its good just because its made by hpi but imo it ain't my mate got one when they first came out and got rid of it within 2 weeks as he had nowt but problems with it and it was weak.plus now there is a better choice to pick from as the market has opened up for the truggys i would say avoid it but thats just from what i've seen of them ;)