• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ansmann mad rat/ team c jekyll project

Danxr3i

I bought myself some absima adjustable shocks last night as they looked decent, will probably invest in big bore shocks in the future but for now the absima shocks will do, plus do you know if a team c tmo2 bodyshell will fit my jekyll? because i've looked at the comparisions and they seem pretty similar so i just wanted to make sure

Look up team c tc02 owners club on Facebook. Everyone is welcome to join and post. I have started the build so photos to follow. And I highly recommend the gear diff. It's so much smoother.

The gearbox. This has:

* full bearing kit

* steel idler gear 28t still

* gear diff set

* 2k diff oil at moment

* Kevlar spur gear

* garodisc clutch plates

IMAG0025.jpg

Just another rear pic to show carbon weave lol

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG02611_zpsafceda74.jpg

This is what i have been doing with my saturday afternoon, i have completely rebuilt the diff along with new bearings and i have added the v2 slipper plates and a kevlar spur gear. also the silver motor plate has been upgraded.

Edited by simon_93

could you post the link on here? i had a look yesterday and i couldn't find the group, i hope they don't all the parts have cost me alot this month and i had to order them from overseas because no one here in the uk does them 

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded my Mad Rat to the full "X2 Pro" spec... made little to no difference! But it meant I could use the spares off of mine to complete the other one :)

Also... I lost my pirate flag off it!! :crybaby: Better ebay me another one!

Edited by Praet0r87

Ebay item 120994628120 an absolute must for these types of cars. Reasonably expensive but lifetime warranty on it. Plus it stops the bottom bracket snapping.

I like the look of that, I have the shorter version attached to the front 4 screws, did nt know they made this one as well, not sure they did when I got the other type atleast a year back.

Wonder why they don't list that for the Mad Rat and only Macnum, looks the same chassis as the Mad Rat.

Edited by coxyone