• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally arrived - RCMK 30.5cc

psychoticpinkbunny

Who is rcmk??? Are these the dogs balls?? Ive seen a rcmk engine on rcmodelz site but wondered if there any good, are these what gizmo tune?? Do share.

here you go chap - this is the one i went for: http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php/online-store/rcmk-air-cooled-engines-and-parts/rcmk-air-cooled-engines2013-03-05-21-30-33/rcmk-full-mod-cr300-30-5-engine-pipe-combo-detail

was having a chat with OHO about different engines and I was about to get the OBR 8.5hp, but then doesn't everyone have an OBR?? OHO suggested/recommended the RCMK or an Oddified so I thought i'd give the RCMK engine a shot - Spoke with the guys at gizmomotors who where very helpful and the above is the result. :)

Its a real nice looking engine thats for sure, looks well made and i like the way the fins pop out the top for extra cooling, nice pipe to, dont forget to give us a update on how it hauls your losi 5 around.

already running 5t's all round with badlands

..but those hostiles look deadly! ;)

managed to sneak a little break down of the current - gonna see how far i can get till the misses notices i'm missing :whistling:

You'll get it complete, run in, blown up, rebuilt and probably blown again before she notices... Keep going :tease::xd:

lol she's engrossed in her polish tv programs, could start smashing plates next to her and she wouldn't notice :whistling:

kill-switch fitted plus the rest of the bumph, looking very clean (ok bar that oil stain on the air filter  :whistling:  ):

IMG_9614.jpgIMG_9612.jpgIMG_9611.jpgIMG_9610.jpg

too tired to do anymore today, but should have everything bolted down in the morning, then the moment of truth ;)

not used a chokeless carb before, so that'll be fun!

Edited by psychoticpinkbunny

been farting around with the 1/1 today so not much done, but what I can say is.. 3 pumps on the fuel bubble, 1 slow pull on the starter, 1 quick short sharp pull and it fires up straight away :)

ran a couple idle and cooling cycles but noticed that the rubber join on the exhaust isn't sealing properly, have tried a couple different positions with no joy - gonna zip-tie it for the time being until some decent heat has passed though.

B&Q tomorrow for some velcro strips, then the outerwear can go on plus either a flat headed bolt for the rear brake mount or remove one disk as it's catching on the clutch housing.

then the final touches, side/bottom guards, battery/servo tray - thinking of carbon wrapping the rear arches, but i'll see on that idea.

:thumbsup:  re the jubilee clips - so use to using zip-ties it comes automatically.

First impressions so far, it's going to be a beast!! :)

Sounds really epic!! Not too loud, but with a deep growl - without running it properly i'd say close to the xp pipe.

Managed to mesh the gears much better this time with 100% alinement due to reversing some of the mounting inserts, bit wired but have measured everything up and it's perfectly straight.

front inserts both facing the side away from the engine

rear inserts both facing towards each other.

:thumbsup:  re the jubilee clips - so use to using zip-ties it comes automatically.

First impressions so far, it's going to be a beast!! :)

Sounds really epic!! Not too loud, but with a deep growl - without running it properly i'd say close to the xp pipe.

Managed to mesh the gears much better this time with 100% alinement due to reversing some of the mounting inserts, bit wired but have measured everything up and it's perfectly straight.

front inserts both facing the side away from the engine

rear inserts both facing towards each other.

Bet you're glad you listened now eh ;) lol