• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gt12-supastox

EpicLURcher

I raced a mardave mini once and it was good fun.

But I don't think it would keep me entertained long enough to race one for a championship, so I doubt I could justify the cost of buying one and all the electrics for it.

Hobbywing and hobbyking 1s ESC's are what some of my club use for pan cars and mini stox if that helps.  I think the main question is if your club uses turbo or not in their rules and that can then change what ESC to suggest.

Edited by ta05

Our club I am not too familiar with the rules (as I only race touring cars) but I think they also do not use turbo.

We usually have two heats of them, about 10 or 12 cars per meeting.

There is 2 classes, used to be GT12.1 (modified) & GT12.2 (stock), now known as Supercup (modified) & Production (stock). Plenty info on the BRCA website about both classes.

GT12 is more popular up here rather than touring cars indoors.

Because our club is so small in comparison to others, it was decided to not allow turbo.

It was a good call imo, (as well as banning turbo for 13.5 touring cars) as it was getting too fast and eating tyres lol.

After a lot of testing by the committee, we allow either 13.5 blinky or 17.5 turbo.

It's worked very well.

A top spec 13.5 motor with turbo was great fun for a lap and incredible to drive for a whole race but it turned some people away from the class imo, and that's not in anyones interest from a club perspective.

Any problems with car setup really got multiplied. 

In any classes of racing you get different eras and I was glad I was able to experience 13.5 turbo in such a confined track space. 

It's similar to 12th scale when it first evolved and you had modified motors in them.  Great to watch but times change.

Finally got my Supastox working better. I messed around with springs, bodies, O rings, tyres and moved the electronics around. At our club we run 13.5t 1S or 21.5t 2S (Even though no one does run 2S). Here's my new set up, in full detail.

ESC- Orion Vortex R10 Pro 1S

Motor- Thunder Power 13.5t with High Torque Rotor

Servo- Savox 1251 (Although going to be swapping it for a Sanwa SDX-801 from my Tamiya M05)

Springs- Green on front, Yellow on the back one hole from the middle

Tyres- 50SH Front Tyres, 40SH Rear

Battery- Orion Carbon Pro 90C 1S

Body- ProtoForm PFM-12

Hop Ups- Mi5 Wishbone Socket Mod. Alloy screw set and Zinc nuts all round

Hope this can give you something new to try.

Sam

Justock works fine.on 1s with 13.5, i used to run one when i had mine. No voltage booster or servo either

You do hav 2 plug a 2s in to program it with box though

really? as soon as you start running a race it browns out like nobodies business ..well mine did anyway but there ya go lol 

Well looks like I'll be going back to GT12 once the indoor season starts, had an interesting race with my touring car indoors on Friday just past. Was definitely challenging but wasn't as fun for me as when  raced GT12.

The local club always runs an open day before the proper championship starts so I'll try out my spare HW Justock then running 13.5t motor & 1S lipo. It's my old spare speedo, so if it goes pop, it's not the end of the world.

Ratman,  did you use 16g or 14g wire on yours?