• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

sound off/rant/debate thread updated daily ..please contribute

barnetbasher

alright folks....

seems it would do a lot of us good to vent and open up debate on what we feel strongly about...

lets set some ground rules...

make your point succinct and non racist/xenophobic/sexist/obviously dailymailesque

I'd like it to be personal...not a rant about something your mate down the pub said...or that you heard 23rd hand

responses need to be well thought out...and respectful of the original point made...of course its fine to differ ..but use your loaf !

mods will be all over this (quite rightly so) lets make it interesting and not a jeremy kyle show.

no sob stories please....its about the general feeling/attitudes of the people en mass...its too easy to contradict any point with one off tales....

I'll chip in with some titles of what i get upset about and also very warmed by...but I feel its best to let you folks set the tone...

hope this interests you.....

Edited by barnetbasher
  • Like 1

Pony vs rc, had my savvy flux nearly a year now and only bought a Alza XL kit and a new rx for it. Mentioned that I wanted some new tyres for it to the mrs, result.... the usual rant from her about it always needs money spent on it, why didn't you buy one that works and doesn't need loads spending on it all the time. Next day she comes home with 2, that's right 2 rugs for her nag because she doesn't know which one the lasagne on legs will like best! I foolishly point out the obvious, it has no concept of 'which rug it prefers' ( same rugs just different shades of green) and 2 was a waste of money. Result, ww3 in the kitchen and me on the naughty step!

cool ,,,thanks AB was hoping for something a little more worldly..but...its fair within my suggested guidelines...

oldest clash in history.....bird vs bloke....I'd chance my arm that this forum wont give a fair  hearing...but I feel your pain...

my mrs is same...slates my RC but the kitchen and 11ty wardrobes....and the fridge and freezer are full of things that need to be in the bin !

we should have (and i thought this was already in place) a brownie points system...one half has their quirks...and that allows the other to do the same....

Interests me very much so im a very political person and the way this country is being run is really quite disgraceful also unemployment rates dropping etc are they hell just all cover stories alot of people from my generation will not work till theyre late 20's round here theyres not enough work yet instead of making usnloom for work most of usnhave to sitnin a room 6hrs 3days a week writing a cv over and over again

As for this country opening the doors to anyone who is within the eu is a disgrace they dont get benefits in tbeyre countrys because theyres jobs over theyre when I finally manage to get my close protection badge ive got to travel to poland to grt a firearms license !!

And as for the benefits system the wrong people are getting the help they need yet us young familys get next to no help !! I wont be voting labour this year !!

Oh and the last thing OIL AND FUEL PRICES!!! Were being broken down as a nation due to these prices north vs south etc the government arent stepping in to change this either theyre happy to watch the prices go up cause theyre getting more of a cut than the companys em selfs were being drove into a poverty ridden nation due to profits playing at the larger companys morales the more profit they make the better it is for them how about they step down and see how much us familys are really struggling I cant have the heating on in the day no more and its getting rather chilly I can barely afford to have it on for the night when its freezing nevermind in the day when its chilly

thanks for the input JB...all good meaty stuff...

I did try to write it all out but in my head im thinking errr how id love to kill someone to get this country straight

Theyre sat on a 100k plus claiming for 3p worth a petrol for .96 metre journey which he could of got of his backside and walked round the corner. They dont know the meaning poverty theyve got nice houses flash cars chaffeur driven and they dont pay a penny its disgraceful really what id do to have the lads out o the frontline on theyre wages and vica versa the lads on frontline give theyre life limb nd soul for this country and what they get in return ? A kick in the teeth poor quality of care and then low paid aswell it ent right at alll yet mod has 5bil saved this year wheres it guna go ? More than likeky making the next war

JB...you listen to talk radio/question time ? its an interesting way to hear people talk this out...my personal feeling is that the masses read the newspapers and form an opinion....which of course is the way its always been...trouble is...the world as I glean it..has become a million times more complex and smaller in the last 30 odd  years..news is as much about money and power as it is about the right thing to print/not print...

I would guess if you had the best people to fight the corners...you wouldnt know what the fig to think about poverty...education..banking...social care....etc etc...

best thing i heard this week is that the headlines the masses read..are headlines...as in...not the norm....so we should consider them not really influential...

anyway...onwards....great input so far

best not watch bez...its not pretty  :xd:

JB...you listen to talk radio/question time ? its an interesting way to hear people talk this out...my personal feeling is that the masses read the newspapers and form an opinion....which of course is the way its always been...trouble is...the world as I glean it..has become a million times more complex and smaller in the last 30 odd  years..news is as much about money and power as it is about the right thing to print/not print...

I would guess if you had the best people to fight the corners...you wouldnt know what the fig to think about poverty...education..banking...social care....etc etc...

best thing i heard this week is that the headlines the masses read..are headlines...as in...not the norm....so we should consider them not really influential...

anyway...onwards....great input so far

best not watch bez...its not pretty  :xd:

I used to listen to one caroline someting ornother in mercia went out to the car at 10pm up till 2am most morning headlines are just that and are a selling story it s they print thenbest story out of the lot and whack it onto the front page theyres no point in buying a paper the best story is on the front page read it in the shop and go !!

nooo..front page is reactionary contentious clap trap...

remember "freddy star ate my hamster" ? the daily mail plan to make a new nazi party by making the nation believe their headlines in order to form a new revolt...of course feel free to make out i'm wrong peeps/bez

The poor will be poorer the rich sit theyre getting richer its the world its hownit always has been and will be the poor man sacrificed hisnlife in the stone age fornthe rich to live we now work our backsides of for them to sit on theyre backsides and then they wont even help us get help when we do need it when eere ill or unemployed

Oh snd ill end this one on a good note as for the nhs we all may complain about waiting times etc its one of the best in the world despite cuts everywhere you go to abudi duabi and tell me one of the richest countrys in the world has such a good health service I knownwhere id gonif I needed treatment abu duabi or the uk!!

I tell you what's proper getting on my mammaries at the moment. Equality, hypocrisy and body size. Let me explain.

I'll give some examples. The Diet coke ad, the Galaxy Minstrel ad, 50 Shades of Grey and the Ladies First gym.

Now I'm all for equality, treating womenfolk with respect etc, but societies mentality around these examples really chaffs my caboose. The two ads I mentioned no doubt everyone has seen. They've been on for a while now with presumably no complaints and as far as what's not acceptable goes, they slip under the radar. Now imagine some roles in those ads changing and there will be sand in vaginas everywhere! If it was two men watching a womens strip show on a beer advert, they would be labled perverts and everyone would be all over it saying how its degrading womenfolk. The same with the diet coke add. A group of blokes roll a can down to some hottie sunbathing and 'typical man' would be shouted from the rooftops. I'm sure we'd all be called perverts if a huge percentage of the male population were all raving over a book with the roles reversed. Plus the fact, most women would object to experiencing what they rave about in the flippin' book anyway!

There probably are other same sex only gyms out there, but none as popular as Ladies First. If it was a male only gym women would be in uproar about it. Exclaiming how its not promoting equality and other hypocrisy. Don't shout equality then say I'm no gentleman because I didn't hold the door for you, or lay my coat on a puddle.

Which brings me onto my last point; body size.

I don't care if you're tall, short, thin or fat. What I do object to however is slim or thin women being labled as not 'proper women' because they are below a certain size. The 'in' thing to do at the moment is for larger women to insist that they are the standard and are not in fact fat but curvy. These women have probably at some point wanted to be slim, failed, so are now trying to put that on everyone else. You're not curvy love, you're just fat. Deal with it and have some respect. I'm thin. I don't go around telling everyone I'm athletic and insisting every man over a certain size isn't a proper man.

Idiots.

• Like 1

I tell you what's proper getting on my mammaries at the moment. Equality, hypocrisy and body size. Let me explain.

I'll give some examples. The Diet coke ad, the Galaxy Minstrel ad, 50 Shades of Grey and the Ladies First gym.

Now I'm all for equality, treating womenfolk with respect etc, but societies mentality around these examples really chaffs my caboose. The two ads I mentioned no doubt everyone has seen. They've been on for a while now with presumably no complaints and as far as what's not acceptable goes, they slip under the radar. Now imagine some roles in those ads changing and there will be sand in vaginas everywhere! If it was two men watching a womens strip show on a beer advert, they would be labled perverts and everyone would be all over it saying how its degrading womenfolk. The same with the diet coke add. A group of blokes roll a can down to some hottie sunbathing and 'typical man' would be shouted from the rooftops. I'm sure we'd all be called perverts if a huge percentage of the male population were all raving over a book with the roles reversed. Plus the fact, most women would object to experiencing what they rave about in the flippin' book anyway!

There probably are other same sex only gyms out there, but none as popular as Ladies First. If it was a male only gym women would be in uproar about it. Exclaiming how its not promoting equality and other hypocrisy. Don't shout equality then say I'm no gentleman because I didn't hold the door for you, or lay my coat on a puddle.

Which brings me onto my last point; body size.

I don't care if you're tall, short, thin or fat. What I do object to however is slim or thin women being labled as not 'proper women' because they are below a certain size. The 'in' thing to do at the moment is for larger women to insist that they are the standard and are not in fact fat but curvy. These women have probably at some point wanted to be slim, failed, so are now trying to put that on everyone else. You're not curvy love, you're just fat. Deal with it and have some respect. I'm thin. I don't go around telling everyone I'm athletic and insisting every man over a certain size isn't a proper man.

Idiots.

Your mention of the coke ad reminds me of a Bill Hicks joke, I can't say too much, it was kinda rude. It basically pointed out how advertising works and how sex sells! It was funny.

I don't read papers anymore, too much sensationalism when all I want is hard facts. I read the metro when I'm on the tube, but that's about it.

Something that does irk me is these families that don't work, have never worked and will never work. Another one in the news this week, expecting their tenth baby, yet pull in over thirty grand in benefits. They say they're "entitled" to it! Huh? Why? Why are you "entitled" to it? If you can't afford a large family, then tough luck, trying working and having a family you can afford! Why should we (the taxpayer), pick up the bill? Try being grateful that you can conceive, unlike millions of childless couples who have the morals and ethics to actually work for a living, yet are devoid of the children they are far more entitled to than YOU!

GET A JOB, I DON'T OWE YOU A FREE LIVING!

A bit off topic, but any other adults here who enjoy an episode of Gumball?

Your mention of the coke ad reminds me of a Bill Hicks joke, I can't say too much, it was kinda rude. It basically pointed out how advertising works and how sex sells! It was funny.

I don't read papers anymore, too much sensationalism when all I want is hard facts. I read the metro when I'm on the tube, but that's about it.

Something that does irk me is these families that don't work, have never worked and will never work. Another one in the news this week, expecting their tenth baby, yet pull in over thirty grand in benefits. They say they're "entitled" to it! Huh? Why? Why are you "entitled" to it? If you can't afford a large family, then tough luck, trying working and having a family you can afford! Why should we (the taxpayer), pick up the bill? Try being grateful that you can conceive, unlike millions of childless couples who have the morals and ethics to actually work for a living, yet are devoid of the children they are far more entitled to than YOU!

GET A JOB, I DON'T OWE YOU A FREE LIVING!

A bit off topic, but any other adults here who enjoy an episode of Gumball?

Mate your god damn right if id have been where I am now when we had little un id have used summat !! I wanted a family I could pay forok I got a payout from work instead of being on sick pay but were sstruggling how can these familys possibly get more benefits than say you or I working or frontline soldiers theyre only paid 22k so whybshould theyre family they made they cant afford get 30k damn right selfish all these big familys whrre no one works

Admire the radford family 16 kids father owns his own bakers shop and theyre coping fine

Another thing that gets my blood boiling is the almost slave like reliance on technology, I'm the first to admit that me and puters don't get along, still can't post up pics on here because paste, codes, copy etc and what you do with them are a mystery to me, I'm fine with that but when the woman in my bank extols the virtues of a contact less card and how I need it to make my life easier to me and I have the usual blank expression on my face, when I asked what it was she said that I only need to touch the button machine thing with the card instead of slotting it in, hmmm, I says, that will save me all of 2.543796 seconds each time then. It's not ease of use, it's laziness! Even worse example, I'm a stonemason, build houses, walls etc out of stone, my tools consist of big and small hammer, trowel, string line and trowel, not long back a gang of chippies left site because they forgot their gas cans for the nail guns and there was no power to plug the chop saw in, we asked if they could use handsaws and hammers as it was only a roof being battened out with 2x1? Answer was 'nah, mate, takes too long'! It's all going a bit skynet/matrix for my liking.

Another thing that gets my blood boiling is the almost slave like reliance on technology, I'm the first to admit that me and puters don't get along, still can't post up pics on here because paste, codes, copy etc and what you do with them are a mystery to me, I'm fine with that but when the woman in my bank extols the virtues of a contact less card and how I need it to make my life easier to me and I have the usual blank expression on my face, when I asked what it was she said that I only need to touch the button machine thing with the card instead of slotting it in, hmmm, I says, that will save me all of 2.543796 seconds each time then. It's not ease of use, it's laziness! Even worse example, I'm a stonemason, build houses, walls etc out of stone, my tools consist of big and small hammer, trowel, string line and trowel, not long back a gang of chippies left site because they forgot their gas cans for the nail guns and there was no power to plug the chop saw in, we asked if they could use handsaws and hammers as it was only a roof being battened out with 2x1? Answer was 'nah, mate, takes too long'! It's all going a bit skynet/matrix for my liking.

I wonder if there's a machine that'll tie my laces?

Download a app for uploading some slip ons on then copy and paste onto your feet, simple.

Bum wiper?

Clive's shoes have a central zip ... and he puts both feet in one big one to watch miss marple :thumbsup:

And "songs of praise"! ;)

lol im joining in a bit late but my thoughts on a couple of topics

Reliance on technology

We as humans are designed to adapt to change, its how we have survived on this planet, intelligence, the slave like reliance on technology will be our downfall ultimately but as our grandfathers and grandmothers before us, we to can adapt to a way of life that didnt have technology, however technology has gotten to a point where it wont allow itself to be taken out by the suns rays or terrorists and thats where the worry of skynet/matrix comes in, where video games and movies depict future events like terminator, matrix, eve online etc...all that futuristic technology, that story line, its in fact not fiction, its future telling..and these creators can all most be seen as future tellers because they are or were right.

Benefits 

Ah the joys, before i start, im on DLA, ESA.

I too get rather annoyed by that family with 9 kids wanting a bigger house n dont work, and i think to myself, strip em of their benefits! but you cant..why? because it becomes catch 22 of human rights, we in england dont allow for people to drop below a standard of living, a large number of homeless people dont lose their homes due to money, its other problems, some of them didnt even own a home and were kicked out by parents etc but then dont make an effort to go to places such the YMCA for a bed because they then in return get you to go to the job centre and this n that to get benefits but to also find work and try to start another life, a lot of homeless people dont wanna do that i feel n as a result, stay on the street or do whatever, drugs..booze etc.

Now theres a lot of people who get for example DLA and blue badges etc and im one of em however there is now a stigma surrounding it all due to those who shouldnt be on said benefits and live a life of a lie, however when you try n do something about it and report them, you end up getting in trouble yourself! ironic aint it. I should be on middle care and higher mobility on my DLA allowance, i have enough proof for it however they wont give it to me, why? i have no idea we have the proof, we have the people, yet my mums friends neighbour is on highest rates for everything but is a fake..and we have reported him but again got into trouble. Really is a problem that needs to be addressed. 

it annoys me it really does.